Why are all the men I have been with such pigs?

I have had a total of 5 boyfriends and they were all the same in the end. They are very smooth and sweet in the beginning then it all starts to fade away and they don't give a sh*t anymore and start hurting me. Its like some sort of talent. Are all good looking smooth guys a**holes by nature? Should I date a guy that I am completely not attracted to in order to be happy and find someone else for just a superficial sexual relationship? I don't know what the f*** to do anymore.

Most Helpful Guy

• no, unattractive men can be the same way. It all has to do how they were raised to treat women and how the people around them affect their outlook on women. Men who tend to talk a lot about sex in a vulgar graphic way are never really respectful or nice to date. Also if the guy has had a lot of bad relationships in the past he may transfer those negative emotions from the last relationship and then focus them on you at a point. These are childish disrespectful men, and should end up alone or cheating whore girls for how they behaive. The "good looking" ones think they can get away with it too because they think you'll stay around because you're shallow and want a good looking boyfriend despite how they treat you.

What Guys Said 12

• it's because people suck when there true nature shows. I've had 4 gf's and they were pretty much the same in the end. it's a frustrating part of life that you have to get used too. just be strong and use common sense when you can (I know sometimes things can stay hidden from you).

• well in my experience guys that are straightforward and overly pleasant and sh*t tend to just be "friends". women only react positively to very confident men that feel natural making her feel all warm and fuzzy

*shrug* it is what it is. there are tons of guys that dream of happily ever afters and ... whatever. but they get no play.

you choose to play with the vipers you get bitten by in the end I suppose

• A bit of hard news: smooth, good-looking *ssholes are your type.

When you have exactly the same relationship problem over and over, the problem is you. You have some bad habit, outside your consciousness, that draws these people to you. You're not spotting them early enough, you're ignoring red flags, you're excusing misbehavior, your feel they're what you deserve--you're doing something wrong, again and again. Figure out what.

• I don't think its my fault actually

• More than looks, I think you are picking up guys who have attitudes incompatible to yours. May be you are focussed too much on the physical aspect of the guy and closing your eyes to his nature. Also, don't look for guys who are smooth and sweet, look for real people (with their quirks and emotions).

• Not knowing you, it's hard to say with much confidence, but I'd say that you may blind yourself to some aspects of who they are in the beginning and focus on what you like about them. Additionally, the beginning of a relationship is really up there. People are really happy and still learning and getting to know each other, but as time goes on they tend to reveal more about who they really are.

• If a guy is smooth, then he is normally a player. Most people suck. Men and Women are very selfish creatures. The trick is finding one that is not, before you become bitter and jaded.

• I like how some of you idiots are blaming her for dating "good looking a**holes" lmao. Apparently you can't be good looking and not considered an a**hole.

• did you ask them out or they ask you out or both?

• ya try dating someone who you wouldn't normally...but I bet you will be again going for those good looking a**holes

• May be they all start hurting you because you're being a bitch, think about it.

• Yeah lol. 5 different people and they all ended up reacting the same way in the end? Hmmm...

• f*** yourself you p****

• haha. owned

• It's more likely to do with the age group you're dating, and not men in general or your taste in men.

Young guys are scum. Hormones with a face.

• Get better judgement? I don't know why girls can't spot douchebags, we can see them a mile away.

What Girls Said 1

• Relationships go through their boredom stage, which is why you have to "work at it" so to speak. Or you can just break up and go your ways and call each other friends.