Any remedies for sweat?

Okay so I have a sweating disoder to where it could be 45 degrees outside and I would be sweating under my arm pits and sometimes even when I get out the shower and 10min later I could be sweating! Its so annoying\embarassing because I can only wear certain color shirts because if I don't people can see the "pit stains" : \ does anyone know any GOOD home remedies or antipersperant? I'M SICK OF DRISOL it's too variable!

update: Could men's deoderant help with my problem^^ because I have a lot of girl friends that use men's deoderant and rarely sweat !
THANKS TO EVERYONE! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• There's actually a health condition for situations like this. Everyone sweats but when you get to the point where you sweat in temperatures that you normally wouldn't then that's a little abnormal. The condition is called hyperhidrosis if you want to google it and look into other advice. I don't have that but I do sweat a lot under my arms. I think my pores are just larger than normal though. What I've used for years is Certain-Dri. It usually always works but READ the instructions. If you shave or shower right before using it, it will hurt and itch. I suggest to put it on at night and keep your arms raised above your head so it would dry.

• Thats what the doctor says I have huge sweat glands under my arms & that is exacty what Drisol is the insturctions are the same and I mean it works but I don't remeber to use it lol thanks tho :)

• I'd try certain-dri still. I was prescribed Drysol and after a month of it my glands got use to it and it didn't work. I haven't had that problem with certain-dri. And as for your update, men's deodrant might help a little but its definitely not going to stop it completely.

• As a matter of fact my doctor did say there was another prescription she could give me that was stronger than drysol and I'm alomost positive it was certain-dri (rings a bell) I will def go and pick up because I never did lol ! Thanks again :)

What Guys Said 17

• Same problem here. As for the sweating after taking a shower, I do too. The thing with me is I have large pores. When I shower I pretty much soak up water like crazy. Then for the next 20-30 minutes I just sweat out water lol. If I have time, I'll usually just towel dry, then kick it in front of a fan for a couple minutes. Also for deodorant, make sure to use a dry kind. Like the white dry stuff. If you go for a guys, check out Axe dry. They got some good smelling ones and it works really well. I sweat a lot and that stuff keeps me too dry.

• I'm a guy and I sweat a lot. I went to my doctor about the problem. He told me to use aluminum chlorhydrate to help decrease the sweating. I didn't have the same problem you're having, but it solved the sweating problem I had. The next time you go to buy deodorant, look at some men's deodorant sticks and see if they contain aluminum chlorhydrate.

Talk to your pharmacist and ask him/her if you can get some liquid aluminum chlorhydrate solution without a prescription. As I recall, I didn't need a prescription to get it.

I soaked the end of a q-tip in the solution and wiped it on my skin where the sweat was bothering me. Depending on how profusely you sweat, you might have to apply it more than once a day.

I hope this helps you with your problem and good luck, young lady!

• Update to answer: You can purchase aluminum chlorhydrate solution without a prescription. Also, the medical term for the condition you have is hyperhidrosis. If you will search this term, you should find websites that give you further options for treating your condition.

• No ahahahaha.. actually Men deodorant is weaker than girls deodorant.. many guys use girl deodorant because its stronger.. take a bath with hot water.. Make some green tea and sumerge a piece of cotton on it.. and then rub it on your arm pits or wherever you sweat the most..

• ohh really? & thanks I will have to try that :)

• ohh and I forgot.. after your done.. grab an ice cube and rub it whereever you rubed the cotton.. that way the green tea will stay there when your hair folicules close..

• i have the same problem as u... You can actually get deoderant from your doctor. If you want to use a males deodorant try gillette clinical odor shield. Works better then anything I have ever tried. Before I get out of the shower I turn it on full blast cold so I won't sweat when I get out lol. And I hardly wear coats in the winter.

• Oh my ! lol your're a trooper lol I couldn't do that I hate cold showers brrr! But okay I will try that because I can never remember to use the medicine my doctor prescribed or use it right . lol

Thank Youu :) !

• Research Hyperhidrosis. I have this condition but they have a new and improved Driclor, available at most pharmacies. It will work for pits. I use it on my hands and feet, it's a bit annoying but it works. It's works almost instantly.

• hyperhidrosis is the name of it if that is what you have. could also be a hormonal thing that you outgrow. what you want is an anti-perspirant, not so much a deoderant. deoderant is just a fragrance for you armpits. anti-perspirant is what fights sweat. I don't see where a mens would be any different than womens. but you can try mens mitchem anti-perspirant/deoderant. it is the strongest one off the shelf and comes in an unscented flavor. for my job I have to workout 3 times a day and I use it once in the morning and never have any problems. stay away from sprays. use roll ons.

• well if you don;t want to take medication to fix there is always anti-persperent (note of warning do not use anti persperrents if you are to be doing any activity at all if you start to pass out call your doctor immediately)

• Maybe you're fat? Don't fat people sweat more? I'm fat and I sweat more than other people. Regardless of the weather, I sweat all the time. Walking. Biking. Up the stairs. The more strenuous, the more I sweat. I'm rarely ever dry. Thankfully, I don't get l

pit stains.

I totally get what the other dude said about it being a problem when talking to women.

• im skinny lol but thanks tho~!

• That's not a disorder lol. Anyway I'd say just don't worry about it, try to use antiperspirant and hopefully it'll work but otherwise it really doesn't matter much because sweat is normal and people wouldn't really care about it.

• ohh bad choice of word lol & true but I think it's embarassing and I'm in high school & kids are rude..

• Yes, it is a disorder. Some people sweat excessively even if it's not hot out and whatnot. It can be really embarrassing because you have wet spots under your arms all the time and it ruins clothes. It gets to the point where you have to be selective in what kinds of clothes you wear and what colors, all in order to avoid there being huge wet spots showing all the time.

• Yeah oooooooookay then. Anyway, it doesn't have to be embarrassing if you're comfortable with yourself and know that it's not that big of a deal. In fact, nothing really has to be embarrassing if you have the right attitude. I've found that at least.

• Can't you get a doctor to write a prescription for an antiperspirant?

• She has it's called Drisol but it can sometimes give me a burning feeling under my arms & the directions are too precise.. I'm looking for one I can buy from a store(wal-mart\target) Any ideas?

• Nope, I've never had that issue, sorry.

• okay thanks anyways!

• well I have old spice antiperspirant/deodorant and it works for me, but I'm not a very sweaty person

• hmm that makes me update this question..

• botox I saw it on a heath show

• You can use men's deodorant.. Or you could get one from your doc, but it's probably more expensive.

• You could try using Anti-persperant rather than deodorant.

• use aramis anti perspirant deodorant spray. smells great and no sweat

• The only thing that works for me is drinking lots of alcohol or taking some pills that lower my blood pressure or slow my heart rate, I don't recommend you use those methods though. Something I've tried and seems to work a little bit is to expose myself to very hot humid temperatures when nobody else is around and just let yourself bake outside whenever you can, your body will get used to really hot temps and then when you're actually inside you'll feel so cold you won't usually sweat.

I'm 30 and have had hyperhidrosis in my hands and underarms my whole life so I know how bad it sucks and I feel for you, I really do and I wish you the best of luck. Somebody needs to start a dating site for people like us lol.

• I have hyperhidrosis myself, its SOOO annoying, it prevents me from truly opening up to the opposite gender because most times I am trying to wipe the sweat off my forehead and they get distracted at it and then I get distracted then I get embarassed and they catch on and now they feel embarassed and its all down hill from there. anyways, I love the suggestions people are giving you, I will try them out too lol

• haha us hyperhidrosis folk are all in this together ;)

What Girls Said 16

• I would definitely try men's deoderant. I used to use it all the time and I think it worked better. It's been a long time since I have used it but I do remember it being more effective. It certainly can't hurt to try! :)

I hope it works for you!

• I think I will do that as a back-up for any "sweat moments" thanks girll :)

• I had the same problem and started using the clinical strength stuff sold in stores (Dove, Secret, whoever else sells a "clinical strength" that has the aluminum zirconium tetraclorohydrex). It takes a few days to fully see the effects, but you put it on before you go to bed. The next day, you just put on your regular deodorant and you're good to go. I haven't had the problems that I had before. But everyone is different. I was so fricken excited it worked for me. I'd tried all sorts before that.

• Also, it doesn't have the same issues that was mentioned in the other strong antiperspirant (in the best answer). Though if you do take a shower in the morning, it will negate the efficacy of the clinical strength stuff. But I take showers at night, so it hasn't been an issue.

• I have been diagnosed with hyperhidrosis in my hands , I've had it my whole life and it sucks so I can definately relate!. My doctor told me about the possible treatments for it from surgery to electrical shock treatment in my hands to disable the glands. But I am not interested in those kinds of treatment right now, so she recommended this. Rubbing a roll on, unscented anti-perspirant on them, only when they're dry to help them sweat a lot less. I've been doing that and I have found that it has helped alot!

I would check with the doctor because you could possibly have what I have. Mine is related to my nerves and stress although it's also triggered by temperature and once they start sweating, they look like someone literally dumped water on them and it won't stop.

Feel free to inbox me with any information about it, I can tell you my stories relating to it, like where I have to have cool showers to prevent them from sweating in the mornings. :S

link

• My mom had a friend that had the same problem as you but I have it in my under arms lol

But kayy thankss a lot for the info :)

• anytime.

the fact that I have it on my hands according to the doctor is more uncommon and it's usually in the armpits or on the feet, just thought I'd tell ya :)

• Yeah,when my mom told me that I was like danq how could anyone deal with that but I see now how ! I

• Another thing you can try is Robinul. These are little pills that you take once a day and you don't sweat. Eventually you will need them less and less. They have helped me so much and I suffered from hyperhydrosis. I tried Drysol and Certain Dri, they were very very uncomfortable and unreliable in my opinion.

• get an antiperspirant. Secret has good antiperspirant/deodorants.

• I always use secret and it works for a lilttle then stops:(

• Ok, I don't know any remedies to stop sweating, but I do know one way to stop pit stains is to stick panty liners in the armpits of your shirts. Its kind of weird, but it apparently works and people probably wouldn't be able to tell.

• That's interesting...I never would have thought to put those under my pits. lol

• my friend does that lol ! that will always be a idea for mee ! thanks!

• It's not unusual. Sewing stores (like Joann) sells them that you can sew/stick into the under arms of your shirts. I couldn't do it though. Seems rather uncomfortable. :/

• hydrate yourself and drink some water. could be a problem with your diet. have it checked out. or just eat healthier and see how things go.

• I don't know if you'd consider this but you can get shots of Botox in your underarms. Botox will stop the sweating altogether. The only thing I don't know is your age, if you could or would get the shot or if you're afraid of needles.

Good luck.

• Someone might have said this, but if you have the condition that makes you sweat a lot you can cure it by getting botox injected into your underarms. I've seen people on TV get the shots and they hurt but they said it was so worth it because now they don't have to worry about sweating for a while. But I'd talk to your doctor if it's really that bad.

• I have manly pits sometimes too, and for that I use Degree Adrenaline, for MEN.

• I heard Botox injections work. People get it done on their hands to calm down sweaty palms.

• may be the doctor can prescribe something

• I know there's an actual health problem you could have, but just saying, I used to have this problem, but as I gained confidence and just relaxed about it, it gradually went away.

• NO, don't use men's deodorant. For now, avoid very spicy and/oily food as well as onions/garlic. Eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies, brown rice, etc. Go see a doctor for metabolic and neurological testing. It may also be connected to an anxiety issue that you're not completely aware of. It's important to take this issue to a doctor.

• try certain dri, it's much stronger

• as long as you don't stink everything is okay.

everybody sweats

• yeah , I don't it's just the feeling is gross. But okay thanks!