Simpsons or Family Guy?

Granted the newer episodes are crappier, I think Simpsons is lightyears better. Family Guy is like a more perverted version, and they take all the jokes way too far to the point that they lose all humor.

Which do you like better and why?

• Simpsons
  • Family Guy

Most Helpful Guy

• The Simpsons all the way.

What Guys Said 16

• Seth McFarlane actually worked hard to make family guy funny in the beginning in the first few years. But once he became well established and got his show resurrected, he allowed it to become retarded and unclever. He's a smug elitist egomaniac douchebag whose been caught plagiarizing the Simpsons more than a few times.

• south park is way better than both of them...

• haha agreed. it's not in the same league.

• the majority so far is crazy, simpsons rules.

• The Simpsons are more in depth, more political and message charged than Family Guy, but...

STEWIE SHALL PREVAIL! HE SHALL (Said with Stewie accent)

• This has already been covered link .

Both shows are sh*t, but Family Guy is worse.

• I saw that question, actually, which prompted me to ask this. Same topic, not really the same question.

• Family guy by far. I think the humor is more adult and inappropriate. Just my style.

I enjoyed Simpsons when I was younger. Futurama I always liked better. It was more towards Family Guy on the spectrum but not quite.

• Tough choice as I like them both. Family Guy makes me laugh a bit more than the Simpsons though but I can only take so much of Peter's stupidity at a time so I can't watch it long before I have to turn it off.

• link

Question thief :)

• Simpsons no doubt.

Family Guy sucks.

• Had this been the Simpsons of the early to mid 90's, I would've said Simpsons...but I'll take Family Guy today.

• why?

• The Simpsons was very clever and funny in the early to mid 90's. Their jokes were very well thought out, but the Simpsons today have cheesy jokes and comic relief. Though the Simpsons movie was pretty good though, that movie was more indicative of what the mid 90's Simpsons were like.

• but why is family guy better?

• Family Guy used to be better, but has gotten way to vulgar and just shallow in its jokes and presentation. While Simpsons has been around for a LONG time and sometimes isn't like "splitting my sides laughing" funny, it still far better in its presentation and episodes and still amusing and funny at points.

• LOL I agree with you ^^^up there^^^ haha..and I agree with you on your comment..you are like the first guy that I have seen use vulgar..and not like it! wow!

• well I meant vulgar as in disgusting like sh*t jokes and vomit jokes and whatnot... I mean I can find em amusing every now and then, but Family Guy is doing it more and more and more and it's just dull :\

• I voted fam guy but people can say what they want but the deep underlying messages faced by south park are pretty funny. There are so many topics people won't touch that they throw to these third grade kids who act as if they are adults. Its pretty legit

• haha for sure! south park is the best.

• Family Guy is the best!...That show is the only show on television, that no matter what mood I am in, what episode is on, it makes me laugh out loud!

• Am I the only person who thinks Family Guy is better?

• nope. no, you aren't.

• Good because I do... I love Family Guy, I like The Simpsons but not as much, I know a deaf guy who called them the symptoms... XD

• Family Guy is the new generation of the Simpsons. I love all the subtle innuendos of both.

• I love Family Guy but The Simpsons are good too.

What Girls Said 22

• In my opinion, the only thing Family Guy has going for it is Stewie. Otherwise, I absolutely hate it. It goes too far, just for the purpose of pushing people's buttons. The Simpsons, I think, at least has the power to make people think, rather than Family Guy where a raccoon feasting on a babies brain is entertaining...

• I totally agree with you! The Simpsons are WAY better. Some episodes of Family Guy are okay...but the weird ass perverted ones where he strips for his daughter and sh*t..and the dog falling in love with Lewis...Wtf? So weird... :-o

• Simpsons!

Never liked family guy for some reason.

• Simpson is a classic.

Family guy is raunchy nonesense

• Simpsons all the way. Family Guy is way more annoying than funny, in my opinion. If I watch it, I usually end up getting pissed off and turning it off :P The Simpsons actually makes me laugh out loud sometimes.

• Oh I go for family guy,I don't really watch it but I've seen a few episodes but I've never watchedd the simpsons except once in science class,but that about it and I didn't really like it.

• Simpsons by FAR!

• Both boring to me...

• I love both shows, but I've been a big fan of The Simpsons for a longer time, so I voted "The Simpsons"

I still like Family Guy though

I'd like to add though, in my opinion, over time, both shows have gotten to the point where they aren't even funny :O

• I love both, but I've been watching The Simpsons for far longer than Family Guy and I've seen pretty much every episode. Family Guy is something I watch on a daily basis, but I haven't seen everything yet and I like it more than The Simpsons. I'm a big fan of both though.

• MOST of the simpsons episodes make me laugh but I am a surely a fam guy fan all the way up until season 8 that is...

• Can't decide, recently Family Guy has kinda sucked. I've laughed more at the Simpsons.

But American Dad/South Park are better.

• There's already been a question like this, but Family Guy is better in my opinion. That may only be because I find humor in perverted things. I don't know why, just the Simpsons sort of freak me out.

• family guy all the way, I tried the simpsons, but I don't find it funny

• fmily guy cause its great...they are like a real family...the kind tht you don't see but know tht this shyt really happens behind closed doors...simpson was good circa 90's but not any more

• I've never watched Family Guy but I love the Simpsons so following that logic I voted A :D

• its hard to choose I love family guy(mainly because of stewie) but I grew up with simpsons so idk

• im gonna go with the Simpsons, because.. I don't know =)

• I actually think Family Guy is funnier

• hella fg simp. is olden day stuff

• i like the old familiy guy over simpsons any day

• Neither. link

American Dad is way better than Simpsons or Family Guy. All of the characters are awesome & not redundant like in Simpsons & Family Guy.

Klaus & Roger are so funny. :-D