How do you feel about crazy hair colors?

I was thinking about dying my hair either red, purple, or blue. Of course, I'm deciding it for myself and not to please anybody else, however I am curious what others think about it. Opinions?

Most Helpful Guy

• awesome, love it.

What Guys Said 6

• OK true story. I was driving away from my Uni campus and I saw a girl with purple hair. She wasn't cheap emo-style but was actually stylish and good looking. I missed a green light. Like a full 30 second one. Lucky there were no other cars/cops but HOLY CRAP MY PENIS was so hard it hurt.

DO IT!

• Blue is a BITCH to maintain. You pretty much have to touch it up once a week otherwise it turns this ugly seagreen torquoise color.

I've done red and it's alright, but never kept it long enough to see how well it fades.

Purple worked the best for me. Didn't fade to much, and when it did it just started to turn blue.

Also you gotta consider hair dye. Manic panic is crap. Don't waist your money on it. I would recommend Clairol or possibly Special FX. They take a while to fade and the color's are very bright.

Personal note, I prefer blue. It's been my main hair color for years. :)

• Im really leaning towards blue honestly lol. I don't know why it just seems like a super cool color to have. I might throw some purple in there too though. I'm okay with a lot of maintenance

• if all fails, play it safe and do a strip of hair a specific colour. Paramore did it, avril lavine did it...and those are very talented and attractive females.

But keep in mind, have a colour that suits you (it's like the guy with a mo hawk that is a nerd...). Beyond that having one simple shade makes you look like some anime cartoon. Try multiple shades to prevent being another cartoon doll.

• I agree completely. A full solid coloring doesn't really look good to me. I was going to do heavy streaking or pick two colors and do my roots with the darker and the rest with the lighter color. Thanks for your input!

• Eh..not really my thing. I don't think a lot of girls can pull it off. Good luck with it though.

• I think that its your hair have fun with it and do what you want to with it.

• it attracts and make you ahead of others

What Girls Said 12

• i love the fact you explain you are doing it for yourself and not to please anyone ! what would I say? well if had dark hair , I would go for red lol not cos I'm a redhead or anything - just cos its a awesome colour ! :) best of luck

• I think crazy hair colors are just a part of personal expression. I'm going to go bright red in the near future.

• it's your hair...do whatever you want! for me I also want to dye my hair pink but where I work I doubt they let me do that, but I probably will do that on my last day or something. ha.

• I actually hadn't considered pink, which is weird because I was inspired by my favorite lead singer and her hair is pink. Duh lol. I'm most likely just going to get an on campus job or work for my family's movie theatre so I don't think it'd be that big of a deal if I dyed my hair. Thanks for the input! =)

• I love it

• i love it when people dye their hair. be prepared for unwanted looks and comments though :p

and... I hope you're not looking for a job, because having bright blue hair won't help your cause. I had firetruck red hair for a week and I loved it. felt like I could do anything hahaha

• lol when I was 14 I streaked my hair firetruck red and loved it. It lasted for a good few months too. As for jobs, I'm getting an on campus job once I go to college at the end of next month. I was planning on dying it after I secure a job there.

• nice :)

and...very smart move hahaha :p

• Love it. You should go for purple... =)

• Very awesome. I've done purple, pink, blue, red, green and white and it is always so much fun :)

• i love crazy colors!

ive always wanted to dye my hair white with purple streaks and cutting it to my shoulders.

and unless I dye it that color, scissors will not touch my hair!

• I actually just chopped off my hair! lol it's a few inches long now. Part of the reason I'd really like to dye it. I think short hair looks good when dyed

• I totally agree! I would never dye my hair when it's this long(almost to my butt)

• go for it.

• I had bright red streaks in my hair once. Red hair is very maintenence intensive. Fades very fast. My hair is naturally black, so the red streaks look really nice, in my opinion, in black hair.

At the moment I have red hair (all of my hair), but the natural redhead colour (copper, ginger, strawberry blond at the same time). Still requires a lot of maintenance, but I like it.

I like blue black hair. Purple hair can look nice too, but I prefer purple-black.

If you like it, do it! It's your hair, who cares what others think.

• I had red hair once too. It did fade within the first month to an orangey color. But it kind of looked cool because of the different color values so I kept it. And yep it is my hair! I'm doing what I want regardless, I was just curious to see others' viewpoints.

• don`t like it I think everybody looks best with their natural hair colour

• I could see where you're coming from. Natural hair color is perfectly fine and all. I just get bored sometimes with it.

• go for it. I'm all for things like this. I want to do crazy things like this while I can get away with it. I've dyed my hair neon pink once. that was fun

• Agreed. After graduating high school, I started looking at the stuff all my younger friends were doing and I was like...unless I get into a rock band or something I won't be able to do this much longer lmao