Can guys spot a fake smile?

Ok, so I'm not comfortable always smiling, I guess that makes me look stuck up but I am really not.

So in the next social situation in college, it was a meeting/social gathering. I was always smiling at new people, trying to be polite. I did not flash my pearly whites but just a clothed mouth smile as people do, although I can't really smile like that but it comes off as suddle I guess. Anyway, this guy from the group later on in the day comes up to me very randomly, I talked to him for like a min. that day before, don't even know him. He tells me how he hates air hostesses, because they always have to fake smile and its not genuine. I was caught off-guard. Was the comment directed towards me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not really. Most men have a much harder time telling what a person is feeling, by looking at them, than a woman does. It is just how our brains are wired, and there is nothing that we can do about it. That is one of the reasons why you girls, get so mad at us for not understanding how you feel. To you is is obvious, but to us, we normally have no clue, as to what you are really feeling. Honestly the way you girls can read our emotions, is a little unsettling. It is kinda like you have the superpower of mind reading.

What Guys Said 3

• Not necessary it was directed towards you, but anybody can spot a phony smile. I get them all the time from women and I tell you this...I hate it! If I'm having a bad day, sometimes I say "what the f*** are you smiling at. You weren't smiling just a second ago". Me personally, I don't smile unless I feel it.

• I can read a phony blind folded with my hands tied behind my back. =)

• *read a phony smile...

• yeh I fond I can tell, there is also some scientific stuff saying one side of your face stretches more if its fake while the other side does if it is real. a real one is also more gradual a fake one appears quickly as you force your muscles

What Girls Said 0