What is the sexiest type of guitar ever?

Note: I'm not asking about what looks good on a guy/girl. I'M ASKING ABOUT THE GUITAR ITSELF. Post pictures if you feel so inclined.

===================================================

It's hard for me to pick just one, but I'm a sucker for simple/older-looking hollow and semi-hollow bodies. link link

Honorable mention goes to Fender's offset bodies (Jaguar, Jazzmaster). link

Best of both worlds (Fender Starcaster): link

0|0
4|4

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, I bought mine completely on looks. Yeah it was stupid, I know. My guitar was my high school graduation present and I was really into heavy metal and hard rock and when I saw it I had to have it. It's a BC Rich Beast. It's certainly not perfect and it has it's flaws but I like it and I'm way too attached to it to part with it now.

This one isn't mine but mine's exactly like it: link

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Hmm. Well, I think these two are both gorgeous, though the second one is nicer: link link

0|1
    0|0
  • Red Special duh ...

okay now out of your links

the second is very very nice

0|1
    0|0
    • This is obviously the best answer. I love the story behind that guitar.

• yep, just great

• I love the first two links. I want a guitar like that some day.

0|1
    0|0
  • The Ibanez Iceman or the Gibson Thunderbird!

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• Man, the mellow, warm tones of a semi-hollow body blow my mind. They look pretty snazzy!

Personally, I prefer "headless" guitars such as the Steinberger here: link

I just love how the mid frequencies come out and how plain weird it works; you definitely turn some heads when you play that.

Though not necessarily considered a guitar per se, I'd go with my Chapman Stick anyday: link

It's a combination of a bass/guitar and I think it looks pretty damn cool. That, and you can make a lot of inappropriate "Stick" jokes too!

0|1
    0|0
    • I wish I could give you more up arrows for the stick. A guy at my high school had one that he showed it off back in 2004 or so. If you have the talent, those things look really fun/versatile.

• Show All
    • Also, I've always sort of wondered what a headless kinky 60's guitar would look like. Take the Vox Phantom or the Tiesco Mayqueen, for example. Probably too kinky.

• Yeah, essentially; if you can do "tapping" successfully on a guitar, you can play a Chapman Stick; it's essentially the same thing. Ascending in 5ths makes it a lot easier to do bass accompaniment; the 2-5-1 progressions pretty much write themselves; it's just making the mental leap which is the difficult part. Here's a pretty good video on the whole matter: link

Kinky! LOL! They sound awesome though; particularly the Vox Phantom.

• I like the Gibson SG Standard.

0|1
    0|0
  • Can't say as I've ever been sexually attracted to a guitar.

0|0
    0|0