Can running shoes be used as walking shoes and vice versa?

So now that I got a job I wanna get some good shoes so exercising doesn't suck ass. The worst part is how bad my feet hurt. I'm not sure if I should get shoes for walking for for running though. Oh and since I'm stupid I also want them to look good because for some reason I can't stand ugly shoes.

I was thinking like these.

Walking - link

Running - link

I'm not gonna order online so I'll most likely end up paying a lot anyway. I highly doubt I'd go to 135, but I linked it anyway.

0|0
7|5

Most Helpful Girl

• link

I suggest you do these shoes with an insert. They aren't extremely expensive and they are beyond comfortable for long walking/running. I wear these on a daily basis and I would never go back to skate shoes.

0|1
    0|0
    • Insert? Does Nike have those?

• Show All
    • They sell the inserts at Nike for maybe $10? Mine are blue and say "Factor" on the heal.

• Most places that sell Nike shoes should have the inserts or "insoles" for sale.

What Girls Said 6

• Honestly, I really don't think it matters unless you are an athlete or a long distance runner. If you're just and walking for exercise, just get shoes that are comfy and look nice.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you are serious about running, then yeah two separate pair of shoes would be a good idea (your gait may be different walking vs running). But, as far as shoe brands, I personally love puma because they have great arch support.

0|0
    0|0
    • Well I'm 5'8" and 300-325. Somewhere in-between that. So I'm sure I'll be stuck with walking only(increasing distance over time of course) for a few months. I was thinking just the walking shoes then running ones later. I can't jog/run at all right now.

• Yeah, that would be fine then. Are you going to train for a marathon or something?

• No I just wanna lose weight and being that heavy I want good shoes that aren't flat. I've tried skate shoes and I can only do 2 miles to avoid bad pain. I've done 3 and it's not good. A marathon would be nice someday though. :)

• I think they can. use them as whatever I want.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes

0|0
    0|0
  • Snacky G, what's up dog :D

0|0
    0|0
  • i like the walking shoes better, the running ones are ugly to me

but I'm pretty sure you can do both in them

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah those are the ones I'll get I think. I'm really fat so I think I'd be stuck walking at least 3 months anyway.

What Guys Said 5

• I use my running shoes for walking all of the time. And I think its alright if you're picky. I know I am. When I'm paying $75+ for a pair of shoes I want them to be perfect.

0|0
    0|0
    • I had a feeling. I might just do walking now and running later. If I use the walking ones for at least 3-4 months I'll be fine with that. It's no different than getting a video game for 60 and forgetting about it a few months later.

• What shoes aren't made for walking?

as for me, I just got the cheapest pair of running shoes I can find, because I don't go walking very often. When I do walk, I just wear my chucks

0|0
    0|0
    • Skate shoes. Holy sh*t my feet hurt after walk.

• yeah, chucks hurt my feet after a long walk too. Just get some good running shoes

• I use my running shoes for walking. I feel you on being picky, I am so picky with shoes lol.

0|1
    0|0
    • lol I like to put my shoes on thinking hell yeah these shoes look f***ing good and are comfy. Good to know though that running works. I might just go with walking first though. I'm fat and will be on that route for awhile I think.

• Yeah, walking shoes might give you more support while not moving as much. Lol yeah, I hate when you put shoes on and they feel like they just don't look right.

• Get the running shoes, they provide much more support.

0|0
    0|0
  • I sit on my ass, but I have athletes foot

0|0
    0|0