Should I wash my hair daily?

My hair is the type that gets greasy easily and every morning I have a shower anyway (I like to feel clean) My hair looks generally worse if I don't shower that day and it creates a line between my bangs and the rest of my hair when I pull it back if it is not clean. The thing is a lot of people say shampooing every day strips the hair of it's natural oils. I only shampoo my whole head and then condition the ends (never the roots) every day and my hair looks pretty healthy, I don't use excessive amounts of shampoo either so I can't see the harm. What's your opinion?

Most Helpful Girl

• My hair used to get like that.

I switched from using regular shampoo to using all natural stuff, without all the crap they put in. Since March, my scalp has calmed down in its oil production and my hair has never been healthier. Extra bonus, I barely have any split ends, and I haven't had a trip in forever :)

Now I make my own. It is a ton cheaper, cheaper than even regular shampoo.

For conditioner, I like to run a bit of shea butter in my hair after a shower :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 7

• That's what my hair is like, and I wash it everyday! And it's perfectly fine! :)

• Well actually oily hair is a sighn that your hair needs those natural oils that your head is producing so maybe when your not going out, leave your hair like that and let it heal itself and then you should see a noticeable change after a while :) but if you don't want to you don't have to

• frequently shampooing your hair can aggravate existing conditions...your hair may just be very oily which is cause by overactive sebaceous gland (gland in the scalp that produce oils) and I have the same problem and like you I was my hair every day and haven't found any harm and if you don't wash your hair and get the oils out it will just build up and that's not good...just make sure your using a good shampoo and everythign should be OK ...

• Yes, it is perfectly fine to wash your hair daily if your scalp/hair is oily or greasy.

Just be sure to use a sulfate-free shampoo to avoid stripping your hair of it's natural oils and causing damage.

If it works for YOU, then do it hun.

• as long as it looks healthy it is fine but probably don`t shampoo the whole hair probably just try to shampoo the roots and the rest of your hair will be cleand by the shampoo+water which flows down

• You should be fine then. I also have oily hair, I have to wash it almost every day and my hairdresser said it is fine that I do that, because it is ideally healthier not to wash it every day but having greasy gross hair overrides that, if your hair is greasy it's more important to wash it and look and feel clean than worrying about those "natural oils". I wash my hair every day and it is perfectly healthy. When I don't wash it, it looks disgusting.

• if that works for you, that sounds fine. if you're really worried about it, you could try dry shampoo.