How to style this hair?

My hair seems so limp. I'm growing it currently back to shoulder length. But my hair always seems flat especially after I striaghten it. How do I get that piecy hair look. I tried products and it didn't work only made my hair greasy. Should I put layers? even though I'm growing it.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you want the "piecey look" then you should get choppy layers and thinning it out with a razor (not one that you shave with but a salon razor) so it doesn't look too choppy but it falls more nicely. When styling it you don't want to use gel or mouse, try using clay wax, it gives the least greasy looking effect but use it sparingly because a little goes a long way with clay wax too much can look really unappealing. how you style it is also key. You can check out youtube videos for that :)

What Girls Said 3

• hairspray and backcombing makes hair stand up a bit more.. it gives it a bit of volume. If you use heavier products like wax and gel it weighs your hair down making it flat and limp. I wouldn't advice cutting layers in it .. you don't want to look like you have a mullet.

I think your hair looks pretty good as it is now (in your dp)

• You should try applying mousse to your hair and then blowdrying for that extra volume. Then you could style it with some hair wax, but try not to apply it too close to your roots so that they won't get/look greasy.

• Ya need to straighten the ends if you want this to look good, but why don't you try teasing? You need a teasing brush and some hairspray :) just go on you tube or something. Hairspray doesn't make your hair greasy so that should be fine ummm yea that's all I got

What Guys Said 1