Man tears (And not so Man Tears)?

It's pretty well known that Western society (especially American society) thinks men are losers if they cry. Every tear we shed is testosterone leaking from our bodies. However, there are times that when a man cries, it's actually caused by a buildup of concentrated testosterone. That said, share with us a time in your life when:

1) You think you cried manly tears (automatic best answer if I shed a manly tear too)

2) A time when you cried and maybe felt a little ashamed (bonus points if it's actually embarrassing)

Girls can answer too, of course. You just cry more because you don't need as much testosterone as us guys.

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol, western thinking and philosophy can be so weird sometimes. Crying is a normal human trait that occurs at great sadness, happiness or pain (bodily or mentally).

I cried for weeks when my dad died, I was 15 at the time.

I cried when my family had problems with my wife and I about our relationship I was 25

I cried when my dog died, I was 27, had that dog for 17 years.

I cried when my daughter was born that was 4 months ago.

I have also cried at countless of emotional movies like 'Life is Beautiful and the Notebook" so sue me.

I don't mind if people see me cry, I'm emotional at that moment and I don't keep my feelings locked up in me, that'll just eat away at my core and leave me feel depressed and alone.

After I cry, I usually feel way better and happy afterward, with a sense of relief.

• I agree.

• It seems the public has spoken. And I can certainly relate to being dragged, kicking and screaming, to emotional dramas by a fleet of women.

• lol. yup. thnx

What Girls Said 4

• Guys think that when guys cry it's weak. Girls think that when guys cry, it means they're sensitive. I fell for one guy when I looked over at him and he was crying. He was playing the bass and I was singing. I was crying already, and when I saw him crying, it was like we connected. I seriously fell head-over-heels in a matter of seconds. I totally appreciated that he has a sensitive side. It was so cute, and it totally turned me on. :)

• 1. from pain, getting shoved against a wall

2. lion king, when mufasa dies and scar tells simba it was all his fault :( :( :(

• I cry almost everyday and it's not because of superficial nonsense either.

• I think when guys cry it shows that they aren't like heartless and do have emotions as well instead of like keeping up the "macho" image, showing their true side means so much more and I appreciate it more. Personally.

What Guys Said 6

• I haven't cried for ages, one time because it was my auntie's wedding and she was leaving to live live somewhere else, everybody else was crying so I did as well

Grave of Fireflies and Memories Of Matsuko

I have never cried at a film but these were really close in making me which should make most cry

• Well I can't really answer the question like you're asking, because I don't have a memory bank for the times I've cried. But I can say that crying isn't so much frowned upon, as it is thought of to be a situational thing. Basically, it's important to be in control of yourself and not break down when the time ISN'T right. You need to keep your cool if you want to get ahead with things. Stopping to cry at the wrong moment is wasteful.

So I'll say that crying isn't a problem, it's WHEN you cry. While you're playing a sport or at work? Keep it together, shrimp boat. When you're at home or someplace where it just seems...appropriate to cry? Go for it if you like.

• I get teary eyed when I saw goodbye to loved ones when they go away for a while..even for vacations. Also when listening to some types of music. I never cry from pain but I do occasionally cry a bit when I've had an epiphany about something profound about myself..crying may sound like a negative experience but for me at least it tends to be associated with personal growth and realization of truth/ insight.

• 1. Every time I watch the movie Miracle.

2. Every time I read the end of The House at Pooh Corner.

• Men should never cry or complain too much as it is unmanly! Its called whining!

• 1. Don't remember

2. Cried of Loneliness a few days ago.