In what type of situation would you prolong eye contact with someone?

I was having an interesting discussion with my friends today about how different people act and react differently in different situations whether that situation is pleasant, awkward, etc. We discussed body language and eye contact among this and I was wondering:

In what type of situation would you avoid eye contact with someone?

(For example, I'll avoid eye contact if I'm in an awkward situation where I don't like a specific person or people, if it's someone I used to be friends with but, I'm not anymore, etc.)

In what type of situation would you simply glance at someone? (For example, I'll simply glance at someone I know but don't have any type of relationship with, when I walk past them in the street).

Please give examples of when you'd do each one of these

What Guys Said 1

• i would avoid eye contact if I'm ashamed of something, or really don't want to talk to someone, or when I'm emotionally drained/hurt.

Prolong- when I'm trying ti connect to someone, when I'm trying to get a point across

glance- most people on the street,

What Girls Said 0