Do girls generally feel they can go out and get a guy easily or do you feel you have to compete as much as guys do?

Most Helpful Girl

• The competition is just as fierce. Even moreso, in some ways -- girl's usually want a specific guy, whereas guys would be happy with any number of girls who fit a certain criteria for looks. Why do you think we diet, exercise and spend tons of money on makeup and hair products? GUYS!

• Odd, most guys think you do it to impress the other girls. Most of us couldn't care less really. As long as you take care of yourself and talk to us like a real person, that's all it takes. Saw a blond girl at ffood court working. Not dressed up just clean kept. Went to give order, ended up in convo because she didn't act like "I'm all that", just real. It was refreshing but my girl didn't like it so much! lol :-/

• If he's a guy worth your time, yes. You'll find that out later I suppose once you've been througha few jerks. Not saying get out of bed and go to the mall without changing out of pajamas or brushing your teeth, it just doesn't take a full "makeover" salon treatment every time you go out to get a guy to notice you. We notice girls and the more "dolled up" they are, the more we think "uh oh, high maintenance ". So, look nice and be real, that's all it takes to get a good guy to talk to you.

• All saying "don't get dolled up" means is that you like girls who are naturally beautiful, with good bone structure and whatnot... It doesn't make you less visually driven.

What Girls Said 4

• I'll be myself naturally, I wouldn't approach a man just to go out but to get to know him. If he likes me bingo, if he doesn't oh well. The one who is more compatible wins and no one is compatible with everyone. Either he likes me for myself or he doesn't and we can be friends, it's just that simple. I don't see it as a competition but a search for someone who can complete you.

• I never feel like I can just go out and get a guy.

• Interesting. Most guys feel girls have it so easy just dress up a little, go out and handpick the one you want. Not so easy from your view I guess.

• It's like this for me. I don't think guys are that shallow. I think they just want what they want. How do I know if it's me, or if I want to give it to them. I think it's complicated for everyone.

• I work extra hard on my appearance as part of competing, but outside of that, no. I actually find that not being desperate and not chasing the guys works better than anything else. The guys usually blow off girls like that when I'm out, and end up chasing the girls who aren't trying. I don't have a problem getting a guy.

• Thinks that's pretty typical.

• Oh I'm not shy. If a guy approaches me then I'm easy to talk to. I just have enough experience of both being the chaser and the chasee to know what works. Guys respect the girls they have to chase way more. If I approach them, they immediately treat me like a one night stand, never call, make me do all the work, and end up losing interest when they meet a girl they had to chase lol

• Its a very effective tool for weeding out guys with low confidence or who can't take rejection. Unfortunately, guys who act confident or don't care if you say no are often jerks or just want sex. So, its a minefield either way I suppose.

• I gotta compete tbh

What Guys Said 3

• Any girl can go out there and get "a guy," just like any guy can go out there and get "a girl."

The question is, can a girl go out there and get a guy she actually wants?

A guy can go out and give token attention to a fat, ugly, stupid, girl with an attitude, and she'll be flattered. It'll be her lucky night. And if he keeps his act (of being interested in her) going on, he can end up getting her. But, just because he "can," doesn't mean he wants to, or that he will try to.

Similarly, a girl can go out and give token attention to an ugly, fat/wimpy, stupid, guy with an attitude/shy, and he'll be flattered. It'll be his lucky night. And if she keeps her act (of being interested in him) going on, she can end up getting him. But, just because she "can," doesn't mean she wants to, or that she will try to.

Of course, if either the guy or girl feel that because they "can" get with the inferior versions of the opposite gender, that he or she is super-attractive or desirable (or able to attract the equal or greater versions of the opposite gender), then he or she is an idiot.

Guys and girls are on equal footing with going out and being able to get a (guy or girl) they genuinely want and desire themselves. Sure, girls can go out and get a guy to have sex with them, and guys can go out and get a girl to go on a date with them, but that doesn't mean they will necessarily get what they want from that person. More importantly, it doesn't mean that they'll get what they want from that person, on a long-term basis. Most importantly, it doesn't mean that they'll get that person to want to be with him or her on a long-term basis.

So, the whole overconfidence issue isn't something that's unique to women. Men have it too.

• Generally agree, but your label of "inferior" is tenuous. Some give that token attention, then discover that "inferior" person is, in fact, A PERSON! More than once folks have ended up marrying those "inferior" ones, not always, but it happens not too infrequently.

• they probably feel as much competition because most of the guys that approach them are not the ones they want

• That is the argument for them to approach some guys who aren't as forward. The assumption they make is a guy confident enough to come to them is the right guy, when in fact a lot of the "confident" guys are "players" or jerks who don't care what women think--thats how they appear confident. The fact a guy actually values your opinion may lead him to be more nervous about approaching you and finding out your opinion of him. If he doesn't care if you like him, its easier for him to approach you.

• that I agree with

• "Its a very effective tool for weeding out guys with low confidence or who can't take rejection."

You'll never get a man who's worth a sh*t. lol love it.