Could you rate my message?

There's this girl on an online dating site that I want to send a message to and I was wondering if you could tell me if this message is good:

I read in your profile that you play guitar and that's cool because I play drums and I thought maybe we could jam sometime? I know you already have a band but you know, just for fun.

I'm also going to be studying Political Science, but at another university. Also, I think it's really noble that you volunteer.

Anyway, hope to hear from you soon."

Is that good?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's better than what most people send on dating sites :P But maybe be more specific. Instead of asking if you two could "jam sometime" Try being a little less bold, and saying something like, " I read on your profile that you play guitar, that is cool! I actually play drums. What is your favorite style of music to play?" I'm not trying to be mean, but wanting to jam with her may come off a bit too strong and be off putting. Just because she doesn't know you yet. Introduce yourself and talk a bit, then see if that could be a cool date idea.

Introduce a bit more of yourself, remember, you are trying to market yourself to her as to why you are a good choice for a date. I know that sounds daunting. But if you want the online dating thing to work for you, you have to be willing to put in some more effort. Talk about what school you go to, and what you like to do for fun. Don't be afraid to ask about more parts of her profile, if you can, maybe ask about some small detail, like does she plan on travelling somewhere? Or ask more about her volunteer work. Ask her what her favorite part is about it. Anything to get her to open up more to you.

• Damn! I'd already sent it before I read your comment. Oh well, can't do anything about it now. But thanks for your advice.

• Actually, I've just realized that it's probably way too forward for a first message. Should I send another or just let it go?

• Like, I shouldn't have asked her to jam right away like you said.

What Girls Said 1

• No. Don't mention playing together, but do tell her you play the guitar since music is so important to her. Don't mention what you're studying or that it's noble (?) to volunteer.

Introduce yourself, say you love music, you play the guitar, maybe mention some concerts you've been to. and don't say noble, that's such an odd word to use. maybe you could ask her more about her volunteer work and why she choose that particular place to volunteer her time

make sure you ask questions though, that way she can respond with answers

What Guys Said 2

• Maybe a greeting message first, and if she responds send that one. But good :)

• perfect 10/10