Does it creep out guys when girls are forward?

Ok, I like this guy in class. I'm kinda shy when it comes to making a move on a guy. he's funny, but very focused and serious when it comes down to doing his work. We talk to each other on occassion but we're not close friends. He makes me nervous when I'm by myself with him and I don't know if he'll consider me because of my age (he's 20 I'm 23) but for some reason I;m so attracted to him. We're friends on myspace and my family is telling me I should stop being shy just put it out there and invite him to hang out with me somewhere. But I'm afraid I'll freak him out and the rest of the school year will be awkward. What's the best way to handle this situation?

ugh ok I asked him if he wanted to go with me to the movies and he hasn't said anything yet.I think I freaked him out :(
well we're friends on myspace and I was too shy to ask him in person so I wrote him a letter asking him what his plans for christmas break was. he said "nothing really.nope nothing I can think of". Then I wrote back I didn't really have plans either.
And I told him I wanted to see Spirit and we should see it sometime during the break and he read it and didn't respond. Myspace tells you if someone read your letter or not.
ok he still hasn't responded and I have to see him at school tonight. Ugh this is going to be awkward. Should I say anything?
ok I saw him and he didn't look at me at all(or at least not that I've seen). He didn't say much to me either or bring up the email. Is he being shy or is this his way of saying no.

Most Helpful Guy

• Given the "didn't look at me at all", I'd say it's one of two things-

1. He doesn't know what to do, or is too shy to act.

2. He doesn't like you in that way and feels awkward.

If he absolutely liked you and had a pair of cajones he would have manned up and flirted with you. He's missing one if not both of those requirements.

At either rate, I don't think it looks too good at this point. Don't burn bridges (never burn bridges unless you absolutely have to, unless you're a pyro, hehe), but I wouldn't hold my breath.

If I were you I'd move on. There are other guys out there that are worthy of you and will respond to advances in ways that will drive you wild. ;-)

• Should I say something about it or flirt with him? Or pretend it never happened?

• I agree. Just leave him alone.

If he read your e-mail and didn't even respond, that's just rude IMO. He could have at least lied and said that he was busy. :-/

I don't think you should address it or bring it up. If he's interested, he'll eventually make a move, or invite you somewhere. But right now it doesn't look like he's that interested in you . Sorry. :(

What Guys Said 4

• Give him some time to think through it. You've done as much as you possibly can do right now, so patience. the game is yours to lose right now. :-)

I would think if he doesn't get back to you in a week or so (or within a week of when you want to go out) you might consider asking him again. just to reitterate the fact you want to hang out so he doesn't have the "I forgot" excuse.

He is either completely clueless, shocked, or otherwise confused. I know, it doesn't seem like that big of deal, but to him it obviously is.

Good luck, and let us know what you come up with! :-)

• It doesn't freak me out when a girl is forward; on the contrary- I find it refreshing and relieving that I don't have to initiate just like every other girl interactions. :-)

Without risk there is no reward. That guy is one lucky fellow!

• I answered a similar inquiry recently the same way: one of you has to make a move for anything to happen, or have the potential for happening. Invite him to hang out and go from there.

• Do nothing and never get anywhere with him, or make a move and hope it works. I'm sure if you asked him if he wanted to go get something to eat after class that that wouldn't be a big deal.

• Explain what happened in detail.

• Just greet him casually. See if he brings up the message or movie.

• He could be being shy, or also saying no.

What Girls Said 0