If I were attractive I would know right?

I'm 17, too young to be stressing about boys but that's never stopped me before. I'm extremely self conscious and when I look in the mirror I'm not happy. I'm invisible when it comes to boys and I'm not exaggerating in the least bit. I don't get approached and guys don't talk to me. All of my guy friends have been gay, the other ones just wanted to copy off my work. I'll occasionally get that whole double take thing where they glance in my direction turn away and look back really fast like they didn't see me the first time but after they do it they just keep walking as if they didn't see anything significant. I've been told that I'm pretty but they've all been from older people so am I just unattractive? If I were attractive, I'd know right? and I'd have more experience with gys?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nobody really knows how attractive they are so don't stress. You can only guess by how people treat you, but every person will look at you in a different way anyway. I don't get interest from girls either and one big thing that holds me back is that I'm shy. You sound like you're shy as well so its very possible guys don't think you are available. No matter what never think you aren't good looking enough because there is always someone out there that is meant to be with you. Not all of us can be models so we all excel at different aspects of life. Everybody is beautiful in their own way.

What Guys Said 2

• no you wouldnt. I know this one girl. absolutely gorgeous. amazingly smart as well. however, because she has higher expectations of a guy and is labeled as a prude, she doesn't get guys. her twin sister on the other hand, who possibly looks a little better, but is not nearly as smart, and is totally not a prude has boyfriend after boyfriend, but is never happy.

so take it where you want.

as for attractiveness, what's attractive to one guy may not be for another... so yeah.

• Not necessarily. Sometimes, hot girls have no idea that they're hot.

What Girls Said 2

• No, you wouldn't necessarily know if you're attractive. That's modesty. If older people have called you pretty I doubt they'd be lying. As people get older they become pretty honest with their opinions, whether good or bad.

Being attractive doesn't mean you'd have experience with guys either. With regard to not being approached it could be that guys your own age don't have the confidence with approaching girls yet. It takes time to develop. If you haven't been approached by older guys either, you might look young for your age, which could put off some guys.

Another factor is quiet, pretty girls can intimidating for guys to approach.

Chin up. The right guy will come along.

• you sound EXACTLY like me. I'm 17, never had a boyfriend, and lately it's really been bothering me. all my friends have had countless boyfriends and guys always coming up to them to ask them out...while I just sit there in my quiet jealousy. I always wonder "is there something wrong with me?" "am I ugly?" but I've really been getting out of my shell lately and being more outgoing. just try to present yourself the best you can and go out and talk to people! it seems to be working for me.