Do women still desire and try to look pretty for their significant other?

Or once they are in a relationship they don't care anymore?

It's not being a troll or shallow. I mean I think keeping your looks is important. When I have a girlfriend, I will still shower, keep myself clean and still go to the gym to keep myself in shape. I am sure no girls would want their man to suddenly go fat even though they are in a relationship. Same goes for guys.

Most Helpful Girl

• i think women should still get dressed up. men too. my boyfriend is always making sure he smells good, and I appreciate it. we don't ALWAYS have to look our best, but it shows you still care, I think.

What Girls Said 6

• I keep in shape more when I'm in a relationship than out of it.

I like dressing up for my guy. I like him knowing that I go out of my way to look nice for him and that I do everything I can to make sure I really look good for him. I feel like the whole "women stop caring or only care when there's another, more attractive guy that they interact with" is a stereotype that movies created, just like the whole ALL guys are pigs and horn dogs and a**holes. ALL women are overbearing, bitches who keep a leash on their man and basically keep them as pets, or children or something stupid like that.

• I mean I'm not going to start walking around in my pajamas and grungy clothes all the time just because I got the guy. But at the same time I'm not going to go all out like I was getting ready for prom just to look nice for him. If he requires that I do then the relationship is obviously more shallow than I'm into.

However, I believe there is a logical, medium. He should be comfortable enough with me to not care what I look like all the time and I should be respectful enough of him to want to look nice when I'm with him.

I will at least maintain my current shape. If anything, my mannerisms will improve.

• I take more care of my appearance now that I'm with my man than I did when I was single. Infact, when I was single I didn't wear make up at all - didn't want to project a false image or have guys liking me without knowing what I really looked like. Now that we've been together a while, I do like to make myself look nice whenever I'm going to see him. Why wouldn't I? Surely the person you love is worth more of your effort in regards to looking nice than a bunch of random d***heads who might see you on a night out when you're single?

I like the fact that my Mister knows what I look like first thing in the morning and last thing at night with no make up on.

• I think that will vary from woman to woman. Personally, I try to stay in good shape regardless of whether am in a relationship or not.

• When I started dating my last Boyfriend I dressed up MORE than when I was trying to get his attention. I say they still dress up

• Theh only time I let myself go in a relationship was when A) He let himself go and B) He started treating me badly which made me feel bad about myself and not worthy of being pretty. This was the only relationship that I ended up doing that.

What Guys Said 2

• Trollolol

• If a woman isn't getting dolled up like she used to, then she's depressed. They'll relax it a little bit, but she didn't get all dolled up just to get a man or for the man or whatever.

They do it because they view that sh*t as important. That sh*t being the way they present themselves to the world.