What do you think of younger girls trying to look older?

my best friend has a 12 year old sister. the other night I stayed at my friend's house and her sister had a bunch of girls over for a sleepover. all the girls were between the ages of 10 and 13.

we watched a movie with the girls that night and at that point they all looked their age, like young girls. but in the morning after they got ready and put on makeup and did their hair they all looked much older, around the age of my friend and me. they all could have passed for 16 (even the 10 year olds) and this one tall girl seriously looked like she was in college.

i understand all girls want to look pretty and seem mature but to pass for 16+ when you're 11 or 12 seems over the top to me. is that crossing some sort of line?

Most Helpful Girl

• To me, it's such a waste. I'm Asian, I live in an area that's densely populated with Asians. Almost everyone looks like a kid, even when they're 21. It's understandable why you'd want to look older in a situation such as this to gain respect. Kids doing this at 10, though? I concur, it's a bit young. They should enjoy their youthful faces while they're young; they'll all probably be trying to look younger when it's too late anyway. Too much makeup and suggestive clothing at their age is just asking for some trouble.

What Guys Said 3

• lol

• Young girls are not trying to look like adults because they want to...it is because the parents are not saying "no" to them...the parents need to learn how to control their children...ugh! makes me sick...

• (thinks rebecca black) EEEEEWWWW

• is it just me or does she look older than 14? she's cute but I thought she was 16 or 17 at first.

• yeah, but then you realize she's 14 and you're like EEEEEEEWWWWWWWW

What Girls Said 2

• I find it disgusting, they are children! and children shouldn't be worrying about their appearances to the point they have to put their faces on in the morning. I find its mainly the fault of the parents. they should not be letting their young kids wear make up and look like they are in their late teens. I have an 11 year old sister and there is no way I would even let her wear make up because it's just wrong. I think the biggest issue is when 10-13 year olds look 16+ they will attract men that are 16+.

• Sometimes that's just natural. I was 14 and people were asking when I graduated high school

• I had a few friends like that, but it is different if you are putting on lots of make up and dressing to look older.