Is it important for guys to dress well, ladies?

I'm not the daggiest dresser (I have lots of old clothes, not in season) but I don't own Gucci either.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just so long as whatever he wears expresses who he is. Like his style matching his personality. But as for specific clothing, anything goes as long as it isn't garish colors and it fits him well (no saggy pants or shirts like link ) overall I don't care too much about a guy's style except if his clothes are smelly/ripped/stained. That said, I would love to see a guy in gyaru-o fashion irl. I really like the host style within it and think it's great eye candy. I saw a guy a week or two ago with a long fake fox tail attached to his lanyard and almost freaked out because I thought he was gyaruo. He wasn't :( sad me. Anyway, I'm sure your style is fine from what you have commented on other answers

What Girls Said 7

• It depends on the girl.

For me, the extent of it is that he matches, his clothes are clean, he doesn't have huge holes or stains all over his clothes, etc. I don't care about brand names, and I don't care about trends.

• I was thinking of this question, just as I'm about to leave for the shops. I'm in the daggiest Sunday clothes ev3r. It's like I just wanna get in and get out ASAP, so I don't see anyone I know. Yeah, stains are definitely a no-no.

• it's not a big deal for me if a guy does not wear brand names but it does matter how well he is put together. his whole attire is important, not the individual pieces. my boyfriend just has a t shirt and shorts usually and that is it.

• I like guys that care about how they look in public. That doesn't mean that he has to buy/wear expensive clothes. He just has to look presentable/decent.

• yeah, it's important. You don't have to go all fashion, though. only look decent.

• Designer labels aren't important...besides it depends on who is wearing what and how they wear it. Some people can pull off a sack of potatoes!

For me...I loooooove a guy in a suit or office attire but that's just personal preference.

• it's important to dress appropriately... owning designer labels isn't important at all.

• So mankinis are out. Damn. Seriously though, when I walk the city I feel as though people judge you on what lable you're wearing, in particular, dudes wearing suits. It's like a competition.

• Invited? I'll probably co-host it with George Michael. Thanks for your answers and humour.

• hahaha, np :)

• No. I don't expect you to rock out in designer clothes. just be neat and clean and I'm happy

What Guys Said 1

• put on a suit... you will look much hotter to a woman... Trust me dude... A suit is to a woman... What lingerie is to men... Good luck

• Yeh, I've sort of realized that now. How many suits do you own? I can only make my dollar stretch so far!

• dozens it's part of my job... my advice is hit mens warehouse.. they are great 100 to 200 should get you a nice wool starter suit. basic black goes with everything. you can get decent ties at ross or tj maxx... if you do wanna impress and spend a bit more.. do it on shoes! women look at shoes bro... make sure they are comfortable so you can dance in them... weddings and events are where you will shine if you do.. most men just don't get this... but it works the girls will back me up on this.