Guys, do attractive girls and liking them go hand in hand?

You think a girl is attractive does that always mean that you want to go out with her? Right or wrong?

I thought so. A girl wrote that somewhere on this site. I read it and I didn't agree. So I decided to ask the question.

Most Helpful Guy

• You can't just be physically attractive for me to want to date you. The chick could be an airhead, extremely bitchy, or have any other unattractive qualities. However, I must find the girl physically attractive before I think about dating her. That's true with all people, isn't it?

• I think so. They may not be the "hottest" person but you have to be attracted to them physically in some way.

What Guys Said 10

• There are other factors to consider in every case. There is no denying its a strong factor guys consider, but there are many other things we consider in their personality which makes them desirable to date. So no attractive doesn't always mean a guy wants to go out with her because no guy wants to date a women who will treat them poorly or is no fun to be around.

• means I'm interested, doesn't mean I think she will be the perfect girlfriend, ill find that out from talking to her and getting to know her.

• Wrong.

Looks initiate a relationship. Personality is what continues and develops it.

• Notat all, though there has to be some looks for me to approach, I tend to only approach girls that give me this weird feeling that I can only describe as intriguing, it makes me want to get to know the girl just because there is something about her that just intregues the hell out of me.

You can be the prettiest/hottest girl or you could have an awesome personality but without that feeling she's just another girl/person. She needs this aswell as a good personality when I get to know her

• I know what you mean. I don't get the feeling that I want to get to know every guy. Even if I think he is attractive. It's just a select few. Weird.. You feel like you have a connection.

• what?! no, chicks are crazy wayyyy too often for that to be a rule

• Absolutely not.

I worked with a girl that was German/Columbian, blond hair, almond skin, Gorgous full face, perfect teeth with a perfect hour-glass body. Whenever we worked together, the room smelled like strawberries and I swear I saw her fart a rainbow...

And she sounded like Fran Drescher and had the personality of Peggy from 'Married with Children.'

• No, not necessarily.

• Usually, but not always. It works as a rule of thumb, but there are exceptions.

• Basically but depends on her personality though.

• I would think so but some guys just go for looks.

• exactly because that's all there looking for when it comes to sex.

• wrong

What Girls Said 1

• Couldn't be more wrong.