I'm losing my hair I mean its just so depressing

Need answer from girls.

How do you treat you're hair I mean things you do to keep ur hair shiny and stop the hair loss ?

Most Helpful Girl

• There are many possible causes to hair loss.

1. Heating utensils like Blow Dryer, Hot Curler, Flat Iron-(lay off of the heat)

2. Shampoos and Conditioners-Under Conditioning, drying shampoos that strip your hair. A lot of alcohol in shampoo.(change the shampoo and try something natural. Old remedy eggs and mayonaise, it stinks but it helps)

3. Water with heavy metals- I just found this one out. I lost a lot of hair one year, the water also killed all of my fish too. I kept sampling the water in the fish tank but didn't figure it out for a while. I just thought I couldn't get the appropriate balance in the tank. That same year the Water and Sewage company had to disclose there was something wrong with the water. We have the same problem again(You can use a carbon filter in your shower head to correct it.)

4. Medical issues-You should tell your doctor if you are losing a lot of hair because it may be a sign of something serious. I saw this on Oprah about 2 weeks ago, this woman went to the show and the Dr. tested her and found out that she had some sort of medical issue it was diagnosed because of the blood tests she took. The only way she found out was because of the hair loss.

So, I don't mean to alarm you but you may want to check the water samples first, you can pick up a kit at the pet store for cheap or search for the testing yourself or call your water company to test your water for contaminants. My water showed gasoline, drugs, and a whole bunch of other stuff in our tap water. Never drink DC water if you come here LOL!

Then if there is nothing wrong with your water then go to the doctor, tell him about your hair loss if it is extreme or losing it by the roots he will test you. If your doctor doesn't test you, take blood samples or urine samples then find another doctor.

Good luck, I'm curious to know what happens. I need a new filter!

What Guys Said 1

• From the male perspective, I can tell you that shorter hair falls out less. If your hair is long enough to be pinned up / back or put in a ponytail, that tugging on the roots will cause it fall out faster.

What Girls Said 7

• Hmm use a shine spray for shiny hair. I got two at the same time, and it worked great. There are so many of them. I would go to a spa and salon, one of the really good ones, to get the spray. There's one with silk in it at Target. When I used two sprays, my hair was really shiny. Straight hair looks shinier than curly just because of the angles.

Sometimes dandruff can lead to hair loss. I recommend dandruff shampoos and also tea tree oil for the scalp to help with losing hair all over. I just bought myself some tea tree oil

If you can find a nutrition/supplement book, look up loss of eyelashes and also hair loss, because women lose hair there too.

Stress can do it, but it's probably not the only thing. Are you in finals right now?

Buy some good hair vitamins. Some hair vitamins are just a regular vitamin in disguise. Get something that has Silica and Biotin. Horsetail just has a lot of silica in it, that's why that herb is used. It should have extra B-vitamins, and maybe some collagen.

What a great time to ask somebody to get it for you for christmas!

• I don't know, but it seems to me like I lose a large amount of hair in the shower. I would like to know the answer as well! Maybe stress or something. A hairstylist may be able to give you an idea of some products to use and prevent hairloss. After all, they know hair! :]

• Check your water for heavy metal levels and other impurities. In DC they recently found traces of gasoline in our tap water. see the answer above by kickrockslosers. Hope it's nothing serious for any of us.

• I'm going through the same thing. I went to a dermatologist and she says its dermatitis. She prescribed me an ointment to put on my scalp but it doesn't seem to be working.

• i don't know about the hair loss, but I know how you can make it shiny naturally. just rinse your hair with cold water before you get out of the shower, then when you blow dry it blast it with cool air when you're done, this will also set any curl

• Hair loss is a symptom of a hypothyroid.

• if it's getting really extreme you should go to the dermatologist.

• You can take health food store supplements or eat a diet rich in vitamin B which is important for metabolic functions, hair growth and others. Vitamin E oil is good for hair to shine and so is essential fatty acids. ask your doctor or you can look up special products that are natural for hair strength. I've tried silica, it works very well within a month