Do any other straight women find that men are kind of unattractive?

I am sexually attracted to men, but I find most men unattractive. It's like, the median woman is more attractive than the median man, so that means the "average" for women is higher than it is for men. So, a woman who is a so-called 6 is actually "below average" where a guy who is a 5 is "above average." I don't rate people by numbers in real life, just trying to explain what I mean...

What is wrong with me -- why am I attracted to so few people?

Most Helpful Guy

• If we are speaking in terms of relative to health. I am a straight guy but I think a guy who is in good shape looks as good generally as a girl in good shape. The fact is guys don't generally care so much about their appearence so they tend to not mind about letting it go. But my opinion will be bias but of course women are the most attractive

What Guys Said 4

• I thinks its because of what makes men and women attractive and our life style. Women that are seen as attractive tend to be curvy. Moreover, women can get curvy by eating more food. Men on the other hand, are view attractive when we have have toned muscles. In order for men to be attractive we have to be active and not eat fatty food. However, in our society its very hard to be active and watch what you eat. For this reason, you probably don't find men attractive.

• women cannot get curvy by eating more food. She will only look good curvy is she naturally has the right body shape. For example if she is naturally apple shaped, if she eats more she will look round like an apple and that is not attractive. Also even for men they are usually attractive when they have a naturally nice built, so even if a guy works out he may not look so attractive because he may look like johnny bravo for example who has a big chest and muscles but small legs

• Also even women need to stay away from fatty foods even if she does have a naturally well shaped body. This is because if you eat fatty foods, she is more likely to get cellulite behind her thighs and that is not attractive. She can still put just as much more weight on with eating healthy food, however it will have a different effect on her body, and she won't gain as much cellulite

• Women hide behind make-up. So the average women would appear to be hotter than the average guy.

What is wrong with me -- why am I attracted to so few people? ... You have high standards, or a lesbo.

• I think women do take more care of their looks and appearances, compared to men. But then, THAT is part of the problem itself.

• 1. you have really high standards, and 2. Women work harder on their appearance than most guys. That is all that is going on here.

• How do people choose to be more or less attracted to someone?

• I didn't say you chose to have high standards. You just do. People can't help what they are attracted to.

What Girls Said 3

• I think the way girls make more of an effort to look good so it's easier to come off as attractive. I mean most girls leave the house and care about how they look, their hair is done, their make up is done, they've picked out an outfit and everything whereas guys may or may not do much (if anything) to their hair, throw on whatever, and leave. Fashionwise girls also have more available to them, I mean just go to any mall, most stores are geared towards women. Even stores with men's and women's clothes have more women's clothes and there's more variety in those clothes so it's easier for women to find something that works for them. Girls also have way more pressure put on them to look good than guys do and they're going to be conscious of that whereas guys have been taught that it's OK if they don't look good as long as they can make up for it in another aspect.

• If a guy does something with his looks, he gets better looking girls. Which still leads me to believe that it's much more common for females to be attractive and for males to be less attractive.

• i don't think guys are less attractive, I just think they don't care as much about how they look so they don't try as hard

• i find girls more attractive buuut I am a lesbian so I don't count

• Hmm...no. How does the "scale" work for lesbians? Do most find someone they are really into, or is dating kind of a so-so thing?

• And who are you to tell people what's natural and what's not?

You're face isn't natural.

• I hope you know this isn't about you holly.

• I am sexually attracted to men but I don't find that many men attractive either though the ones I do aren't often 10s there is just "Something about them" that I can't explain and sometimes I will see a good looking guy but not feel attracted to him sexually but I am definitely not into women at all! It's called high standards ;)

• But, I kind of think a male "7" is going to end up with a female "10" ... so if he's not a "4" pr below then I"m SOL.