Do guys find cursing unattractive?

i really do. I hear all my friend curse and its not even once in a blue moon .. its like every other word

Most Helpful Guy

• If they have to use it in every sentance then it gets old real fast.

What Guys Said 12

• Yes its trashy. I hate it. If she swears every once in a great while that's OK and can be cute, but if it's every sentence... Yuck.

• Yes, it's unattractive... Not very lady-like, and it doesn't make you "more of a man" either, to curse, IMO.

• yeah. it's annoying..but if they do it every once in a while...it's fine

• No. I love vulgarity.

I feel that society is too full of socially-awkward people who are too cowardly to break the norm. As a pupil of language, this is detestable to me. People who frown upon a different use of language are just pretentious. They can acquaint themselves with my mighty horn of virility.

• As long as its not every other word, it doesn't bother me.

• honestly , yes .

• It depends on the intent of the profanity used. If you using it to slam someone or if you are very loud and belligerent with your profanity then I'll have a problem with it.

• Only if it's excessive or directed at me. :-\

• If it's overly excessive, I would.

• not really, but girls that are vulgar in general are a turn off for me

• The occasional swear word is okay, but swearing like a sailor is not.

• If it is a rarity, it is fine. Too often, I definitely find it a turn off.

What Girls Said 8

• I think it becomes a turn off when she can't go ten sentences without cursing. At that point, it can just look like she's not intelligent enough to widen her vocabulary and use other words besides curse words. It can also look very trashy if there are children or elders near or if it's to a point where it's almost disrespectful because it's so inconsiderate of who else is around.

I tihnk that most guys wouldn't be totally turned off by minimal cursing unless they're from a very conservative background and culture. But if it's cursing all the time, it can just look really tacky and unladylike. Most guys want a lady who knows how to act and they can bring her around their mother without feeling embarassed so cursing all the time can be very unappealing.

• At the right place at the right time it OK. But if you have potty mouth at school, church, movies, work, or any other place like that---it's not cool!

• hate it :S

• BIG TIME! Guys HATE girls who curse.

• Actually some do. For instance my boyfriend curses like he came out solely for the purpose of cursing. But when I curse...he makes this funny expression and is all like "you need to stop cursing." Which is true its a bad habit that I picked up from others. I use to have a clean mouth *sigh*. Also I sound funny when I curse it just doesn't fit me, all the more reason for me to stop. lol

• i hope not. I love to curse. when I'm angry it's like 3$#%#$ this #$%#$%##$$% that $#@%#$@#!@$%$ you all $%#@##@$%$ the $#%#$$%%$% universe. though, there is a time and place for such vitriol.

• i find it unattractive and a turn off when guys do that

• Don't know what the *** you're talkin' about.

(Just kidding. Couldn't help it, you know, though I *am* one of the "once in a blue moon" types, lol.)

Girls who curse and smoke/drink till they're ready to fall out of their shoes are all rather vulgar and unattractive in more cultured circles -- not just to guys, but to people in general. This doesn't mean that they are not pretty, but that their attitude goes beyond cavalier or direct behavior and is generally inappropriate, possibly to the point of being overwhelming to their friends and family.

Girls should really not aspire to be like the characters from a Ke$ha video...

• totally agree with you.