How much do girls care about a guy's personality vs looks, in %?

In a love interest way! Like boyfriend material and stuff. 50% looks 50% personality? or what?

HONESTLY
I like the answers so far. It's funny that when girls talk about guys they say we're like 90% looks and 10% personality, but I honestly (talking through experience) can't stand a girl that has a f***ed up personality, even if she's really hot. I much rather be with a girl with deep personality and thoughts than a dumb body that talks nonsense. That's just me again.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 13

• As long as he's someone who I can have a laugh and good times with, then I don't really care about his looks...

Although, I must say, it would be nice for the guy to have some sort of striking feature.

But anyways, I'm pretty cautious when it comes to relationships. So I would most likely go for those guys who I have known for a while...

Like, we would have to be long term friends first haha

So, I would say

90% personality

10% looks

:)

• As long as he doesn't look like the Elephant man, definitely 90% personality. Hot guys are nice to look at that's it. Character counts!

• and if he's not that good looking, doesn't seem to have such a big personality at first, but seems to be a very good guy, what would you do? (it's not me that I'm talking about by the way, I'm hot as f***)

• I'd go for 97% personality 3% looks. The 3% being the guy I currently like. I like his eyes, smile and facial expressions he makes when he says things sometimes so 1% for each physical thing. You have to be able to find something you like in their looks, you cannot purely be serious based on 100% looks or 100% personality. I agree with Janttu as I got to know his personality I found things in his looks that I become attractive too that I had never noticed before I got to know him. Besides I'd rather be able to have a conversation and a laugh with an average guy, rather than sit staring at some hot guy who can't make conversation or who isn't funny. I think if a guy can make you laugh is a big thing, laughter brings happiness and that is something everyone wants in their life and I will always stick to 'looks fade, personality lasts forever' which is true!

• Well, I fell for a guy who wasn't attractive to me at all in the beginning. But when I got to know him more and his personality, I thought he sort of got more handsome.

So I'd say 9% looks, and 91% Personality :)

• 10% looks, 90% personality. But I put personality first! (:

• 30 for looks and 70 for personality

• personality 95% and looks 5%. I really don't like how people judge a book by its cover ;)

• 70%

• Personality 50%, Looks 50%

• personality: 60%

looks: 40%

just being honest here

but if they have great personality the looks grow on me

• Well, I personally fall in love 100% for personality. Not even kidding. If they're cute/hot, it's a plus. But for me, if someone has a great personality, their looks grow on me, and I start to really love everything about them :3

• They're both important. I couldn't date a guy who I wasn't attracted to on both levels. But I'm a lot pickier when it comes to personality than looks, it's hard to find a good guy. So I guess I'd say it was around 25% looks and 75% personality.

• I really want to believe what you say, but what I've seen in reality, is that girls get with the guy the're more attracted physically, and then they try to know him deeper as in his personality, and when they get to know them they break up with them, so I don't get why they don't do it the other way around? Maybe cos they care as much about superficial looks as guys do :(

• That's the way I do it and I have no plans in breaking up with my boyfriend. You can tell in 10 seconds whether or not you're physically attracted to someone so that part is easy to figure out. But it takes awhile to get to know someone's personality and find out whether or not they're a good match for you. That's why women go on looks first. But that doesn't mean that personality isn't more important.

• I follow the heart, not the anatomy :)

What Guys Said 0