How can I look less dull, boring, and serious?

I asked my friends and family what they honestly thought of how I presented myself, and they said I always look dull, boring, and serious.

If you've been around here enough and have seen my answers, I hope you know my personality isn't like that (for the most part).

But what about my outward presentation? I already have bright red hair, which I actually took on because I thought my brown hair was too dull.

I don't really wear makeup, but I'm trying to get into it, so any ideas would be fabulous. Also, my normal daily outfit is a pair of skinny jeans and a slightly loose t-shirt, so you could give me suggestions on how to jazz that up.

All right you guys, I'm leaving it up to you to tell me how I can make my outside reflect my inside.

Most Helpful Guy

• The only people you usually end up impressing with fashion brands are other girls, so if you can find clothing that you like from the high end stores, see if you can find a similar one from a cheaper store - its all the same to guys.

Your outward presentation also has everything to do with your facial expressions and how you react to other people. If you smile more (try to smile with your eyes, that's one of the easiest ways to bring out your true smile) you are more likely to come off as happy and nice.

What Guys Said 2

• Wear short skirts, frilly feminine outfits, long silver colored earrings, and high heeled sandals

• Stop buying clothes from old navy. Look for cool brands, don't know a lot of US brands but TOPSHOP is great here in the UK. link

• i love topshop !

so I guess you probably shop from TOPMAN :D good taste

• I shop at Forever 21, not Old Navy. In fact, I can't think of anything I own from Old Navy.

• Canada wants topshop. Damn it. I left a trail of drool all over the store in Sweden.

What Girls Said 4

• wear brighter clothes , add simple accessories that can just jazz your look like a bright coloured necklace or a huge ring and a scarf round your neck , jeans go with anything buy cute tops to go with them and don't forget to smile :)

• Add Some Animal Print and Sequins. LOL

link

link

• Lose the glasses IMO. Or just chose new ones that are more edgy.

• Try some fun colorful makeup, bright eyeshadows, glitter mascara