You look a little young to be sitting at a bar having a beer?

i get told this a lot...but it particularly bothered me the other night, when I was out with my cousin. there was this dude who tried to act all cool and sh*t around the pretty bartender (the guy must have been late 40's early 50's) and he'd just gotten back from golfing...he goes "you look a little young to be sitting here having a beer..."

im 22. and I'm 5'8" don't weigh a ton and...have very little hair...so I look like I'm 16

so...should I have taken offense..or?

Most Helpful Girl

• He's a jerk don't worry bout what people like that think.Besides the bartender prob just thinks he's some sleazebag old man! I'm 20 and this a**hole guy who is maybe a few years older than me told me I look 16...I don't know him but he works where I pass by every day and he shouted at me that I look 16 I was thinking go to hell sleazebag but I just kept walking..didn't want to start trouble...you will always meet a**holes best thing to do is ignore them and remember you are better than they are the fact that they have to stoop low enough to put people down shows it! Plus age is also relative. I'm 20 and I've gotten mistaken for anywhere between 16-25 in the past month so everybody has a different opinion of how old certain ages look.

What Girls Said 6

• Well it sounds like he was being a douche, yeah, aha. But I'm the same, I can never get served in bars without ID. Hell, sometimes I can still get a child's ticket on the bus. :X

• Nah, he was just some drunk old dude trying to emasculate(sp?) you in front of the bartender. By making you seem like less of a man to her, he was trying to make himself the better mate!

• Nope, he was just being an a**hole. Probably trying to impress the bartender with how amazingly desperate to get attention he was. So don't ya worry :)

• dude. I'd take it as a compliment. he's tellling you you look younger than you are. I hope when I get older I continue looking younger than I am :)

• I have been in the same spot! I am 25 going on 19. I get told pretty much every time out at a bar that I don't look old enough to be there. They insist its a complement. The guy probably wasn't trying to mean, but it is really annoying to hear.

• LOL, he probably didn't mean it in a bad way.

What Guys Said 6

• Don't worry about it. Some guys think they can look better by making others look bad. That's pretty immature for somene in their 40s. But you don't want to be with girls who are attracted to that kind of behavior anyway. So it shouldn't bother you the slightest.

• Exactly! I would have thought that guy was a cheeseball when he said that, don't worry, it won't get him any ladies.

• He has a point; you're young, you should be standing up and drinking your beer. Only old men like him get to sit down.

• I say you should've messed with him lol

• You should have told him that he looks a little male to be flirting with you.

• Shoulda beat his ass.

• sounds like a chode.