Does a change in hair color really make a big difference in how you view a girl?

I asked a question on another site of which hair color looked better on me; red or blond. I guess the people answering didn't realize they were both pictures of me, because I got answers like this:

"The redhead looks like she's smart and nerdy. The blond looks like a ditz. She seems like someone you can't connect with and would be a hoe."

That answer is fairly representative of many of the other answers I received. I'm just wondering how a hair color could make me look like a ditz and a hoe when I am neither. I actually am smart and nerdy, as red hair apparently portrays.

Most Helpful Girl

• A change in hair color usually changes how you look, obviously. I think that a lot of times blonds are perceived to be something they usually aren't just because of stereotypes. Its not right or fair but you also have to remember that everyone is stereotyped.

What Guys Said 2

• I think all of the bleach blondes that are desperate to please men, by acting slutty have giving blondes a bad name. So yes I think that hair color can change how guys view girls.

• Surprisingly yes. I don't know why but it does. Lads are more visual so I'm told

What Girls Said 2

• It's rather sad that blondes have such a bad rep. I also am kinda nerdy and funny and witty and not a hoe at all..Yet because I am blond, people may see me as being the opposite.

• I think that when you stay natural, it doesn't change. The moment when your hair screams fake, that is when you fall in stereotypes. I think that jet black hair and platinum peroxide blondes will always give the impression of sluts. Fake red hair is I think intimidating and looks unapproachable. But that is just the first impression.