Reese Witherspoon's stomach tattoo - bad idea?

Ladies, would you get a belly tattoo? Seems like a bad idea, since that area stretches as we gain weight, get pregnant, etc., and then the tattoo changes. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• My sister got a tattoo on her lower abdomen of an angel. After two babies, it looks nothing like an angel anymore. Kind of like a winged german shepherd now.

What Guys Said 9

• why can't anyone in this world mind their own business...

• She's Reese Witherspoon, she can do what she wants.

• Yes, and Witherspoon has at tendency to not be in shape, to boot.

• The stomach is a strange place to put a tattoo, in my opinion.

• I just saw the photo of Reece on the beach and while it is not a huge tattoo, I personally am not a fan of them. When you get older you might regret it. I have seen so many unsightly large tattoos which look awful. Personal Trainers, the majority of them have tattoos.

• the tummy area is the one spot on the body where you should never ever ever get a tattoo. even if your in shape, the tummy loosens as you get older. not pretty.

• Stomach tattoos look awful!

• I'm not a big tatoo fan. Maybe I'm really old school...just don't think there is a need to mark your body

• i would but only as a lady lol

What Girls Said 26

• I have had ups and downs in my weight, so I have decided never to get a tattoo in any place that was very likely to stretch to and fro over the years. So, I wouldn't personally get a stomach tattoo, but to each his own. I'm sure down the line it may end up not looking as nice, but tattoos are a personal thing. We don't just get them because they're pretty. There's a bit of psychology that goes with body art (unless you are just trending, in which case, stay out of the tattoo parlor, it's no place for trends). If it's what she wanted and was willing to live with the consequences, then it shouldn't matter what anyone else thinks of how it looks.

• That Witherspoon has the body for it.

Yes I plan on getting a tattoo under my belly button for my birthday.

The tattoo changes only if your genes make you susceptible to that area stretching & gaining weight and you don't maintain your shape with exercise and a healthy diet.

Plus I plan on never being pregnant to me it's disgusting, burdensome, and an awful condition to be in. That's what adoption & surrogates are for.

• I wouldn't get one because I plan on having a lot of kids when I get older and the skin would stretch and look terrible! Not only that, but personally, I think tattoos can start to look trashy and classless as you start to grow older. I've seen some pretty awesome tattoos, but they're permanent. Ideas and attitudes go out of style. Why get it on your body for good? I think it just looks bad when some older women have them. Like what if I go to a dinner party where I have to dress elegantly in an evening gown and I have a tramp stamp or some stars or a flower with a name on it on my back? I think the body is a work of art all on it's own :) It doesn't need tattoo ink

• I have a tattoo on my stomach and I now have a 6 year old, my tattoo still looks the same as the first day I got it done. Some people get stretch mark and gain weight, some people don't...in my case I was lucky and neither happened to me.

• yeah, I think tattoos there can look pretty cool, but realistically, bad idea. I probably wouldn't get one.

• I know a model who got a fairy curled up looking really depressed on her lower stomach going to her periord. It looks really funny to me :\ But I'm not a huge fan of tattoos anyway; especially ones that don't flow. Hate "plonk" tattoos.

• She's had a couple kids. Maybe it is to cover up a cesarean scar.

• well if she starts getting fat and ruining it she'll just become reese withoutherspoon like all the other celebs

• i like it I love tattoos I have one and am getting at least two more. and it loos really good, and she has kids but doesn't have a gross stomach, if you take care of your body after you have kids you can still have a nice bod. and its super cute too.

• Bad idea, I wouldn't do it

• i have a stomach tattoo (right lower pelvic area that's about 6+inches big) and I LOVE it. I got it as a representation for my grandma finding out she had pancreatic cancer and how I need to remain hopeful, strength, courage and resurrection to get through life in general. I will NEVER regret anything that means so much to me!

• Worst place ever since after you get older you get cellulite and your skin starts to shag due to lack of elasticity. Also it if you have a baby it looks like a glob if your the average person and not a celebrity it seems.

• Yeah it seems like it wouldn't be the best place to get a tattoo. . . for the reasons you named but also just a really weird spot.

• its a bad idea to have a tattoo there

• I wouldn't because I want kids! But if I did want one on my stomach I would do it after I had kids, that way I still get what I want, and I'll be sure by that time that I really want it!

• Well if she's done having kids...Though I agree, it sees like a bad idea, but the belly seems like one of the least painful places...

• If she's done having kids, why not? Otherwise, that is weird, the whole pregnancy/stretching issue. I want a tattoo on the inside of my arm - I don't care that women's skin get notoriously loose in that area as you age.

• I wouldn't. I have one on my hip and that makes me nervous as is, LOL. I doubt I'll ever have kids, but weight gain and old age would NOT be good for a torso tattoo.

BUT, they look absolutely stunning.

• Yeah.. bad idea

• It's her body, she can do what she wants to it.

• Definitely wouldn't get one there

• One of the most awkward places to get a tattoo!

• yeah I wouldn't get a tat there

• I know that I would never get one I mean there's what you said and there's the fact that it looks ugly

• Tattoos don't always change as your stomach gets bigger, usually they just lose some colour.

• Well she's already a tiny girl and has never really gotten fat so good for her you got a link?