Sex Appeal to attract men

What do guys think about women who use their sex appeal/nice body to attract guys?

I usually don't like the attention dressing "sexy" gets me and I seem to get enough attention without revealing much.

However, what if a woman does that ALL the time and attracts a lot of attention from men.do you think that woman is insecure, desperate, etc?

I believe women should be able to choose to do whatever they want but I personally believe that leaving a little to the imagination is a good thing :-)

Thank you for all your input! I appreciate everyone's opinions and your diplomatic means of presenting them.

I may be older but have honestly curious questions.

Happy Holidays!

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not sure what I think of the girls who dress that way, bold perhaps. I know that type of girl will never have a conversation with me, because I won't approach her. Not to say that I am some prize or something, I'm just a regular guy. However, that doesn't really appeal to me. Sure, cute girls wearing almost nothing are nice to look at, but if I were to talk to a girl like that, I'd end up looking at her body and not her face, and she'd probably think I was just some horny jerk. A girl wearing jeans and cute top who looks like she got ready in 20 minutes will always get my attention more than the mini skirt girls. The reason being, she looks more genuine and down to earth, some one I could relate to. That's my 2 cents on this topic. ^_^

What Guys Said 8

• Of course women should be able to do whatever they want. But I've said it before; people get treated the way they believe they should be treated.

I view women who have their boobs and butt hanging out, have fake boobs, etc., as insecure. Most guys may not see it that way, but they do know that 1) those girls are easy prey because they want attention from guys and will do a lot to get it, and 2) that they want to have sex with hot girls. A guy who wants a relationship wants a secure woman, because a girl has to be secure with herself to be able to love him.

Women who always tart themselves up may or may not be desperate. Do I think Teri Hatcher's character on TV is desperate? Yes. she's 40-something and still wearing jeans to show her cute butt. I'm sure 22-year-old girls with huge boobs at nightclubs aren't desperate; they could have any guy they want. Radically insecure, well, yes, they are probably that.

• it changes her fishing pool, so to speak. a girl who dresses sexy and uses that to attract guys is going to get guys who only want one thing, sex. a girl who uses other methods is going to attract guys who are after something deeper.

• yea, well a girl who dresses real sexy, and makes a guy go wow.usually is good for a one nighter, not the type of girl that a good guy for you would be in to.now a women who has a nice face and body, and doesn't dress to impress all the time, that's the kinda girl I would go for.because us guys think that they would have a better personality, most of the slutty ones are stupid and or crazy!

• okay. As for me. It's like knowing the fact that it's the only thing that I am getting attracted to would lead me not to take her seriously and I would think of her as just a girl good to look at. You don't want to go high profile on sex appeal intentionally because that would definitely bring in a lot of attention - unfortunately not the right kind of attention.

• It depends. Some girls dress like that because yes they want the attention or they feel insecure. Other girls dress nice because they feel confident and they embrace their beauty. One of my friends I like is like that. Every time I see her whether she is going to the movies, school, or CiCi's she always dresses up, not slutty but pretty (i've never seen this girl go out in sweats before).

• Sweats can be hot =P lol...but I guess that's more of a track suit or whatever

• I never trust women who dress sexy every day. its been my experience these types of women are very vain, as well as high maintenance. and smart guys know that if your using your body to do all the work, that has to mean something is wrong with the personality.

I always try to make a woman laugh on a first date, that for me personally is the deal maker or breaker by the sound of her laugh. and you can't fake that with a $500 purse and $200 shoes.

• Nothing wrong with dressing up, my point is if your personality is lacking...it won't matter if your dressed in gold or diamonds.

if you need a visual exsample...think of paris hilton...expensive bitch....nuff said.

• No its not insecure desperate. It could be, but it could also be confidence and security in your body and appearance and I know an awful lot of girls who will not show much because they are paranoid about how it looks even when it looks great. Although once again their is the other type which just use it with the hope of getting a guy.

• "I believe women should be able to choose to do whatever they want"

Gag.

"if a woman does that ALL the time and attracts a lot of attention from men.do you think that woman is insecure, desperate, etc?"

I don't spend that much time mulling it over. Is she just insecure? Is she desperate? What the f*** do I care. I'm not a 30something woman who's in competition with the younger bunch for male attention. True story.

• Go on, thumb it down. I know you want to.

• And then everybody walked arm-in-arm, into the rainbow! <=D

;)

• Hahahahahaha

What is there to gag about freedom? lol

And why do you not care about the question then answer it?

Plus I'd probably care if I was wanting to go out with someone if they are insecure :)

Good to hear everyones point of view though =D

What Girls Said 6

• i agree with you. some women need to be a little more conservative. I think they might be insecure and attention hungry by showing so much skin. one of my ex-friends completely bears all that she can. she wears tank tops or sheer tee shirts everyday and shorts or those mini skirts. you can see her cleavage and underwear. I just think she's really sad. I mean to do all that so people can talk to you. isn't that where you should be thinking about how you should change in a positive way rather than going all cheap and showy. this has nothing to do with this topic but she also acts really stupid to get attention. like when I went to japan, she said she couldn't use a umbrella. and later she wants to buy a umbrella from a street vendor, and I ask "didn't you say you didn't know how to use a umbrella?" and she goes "i can learn." I clearly remember when we were little and she used a umbrella before. so it's just a really sad facade to get attention.

• "Dress like Halloween and ghouls will try to get in your pants."

Heard that in a move once.haha.

I think dressing to enhance your physical features is one thing, but to dress like a stripper is tasteless.

Of course guys are going to go for girls like that.

They know that the girl is easy, or else she wouldn't be doing that for attention.

• I think it depends exactly what "dressing sexy" means.

For example you could use a smokey eye when going out to up your sex appeal and accentuate your eyes. This doesn't have to do with showing skin, but it will still up your sex appeal. I think the trick is to up your sex appeal without revealing a ton of skin. You could wear a pair of tighter jeans v. loose jeans to up your sex appeal a little. Heels instead of sneakers, etc. I use these techniques sometimes to up my sex appeal, but I don't use a lot of skin.

You are right in saying that girls who dress a little slutty attract the wrong attention, but you can still dress sexy without looking like a slut.

• i agree and I think guys will take you more seriously. if you have a great personality and you are outgoing, most people will be drawn to you

• if you have it flaunt it! besides women dress for themselves anyway; I always end up feeling so exposed if what I wear caught some guy's attention. as if it was ever meant for them to cheer on about.

• Marilyn Monroe oozed sex appeal and was totally insecure about herself, her real self. Marilyn was just an act I think the same is with a lot of girls that let it all hang out, they are insecure and desperate for attention because they are missing something they should be getting from themselves not others esp strangers.