Are my young looks and mature personality keeping me from getting dates?

I am 21 years old, but I get mistaken for a teenager all the time. I have a young looking face and a slim body, and most people guess I'm 15 or so. I dress like a normal girl my age, I suppose. I attempt to look stylish and presentable on a daily basis.

However, everyone tells me I'm very mature and act like I'm in my 30's. I don't intentionally try to act older, that's just the way I come off to others. I'm not into partying and typical college activities and I'm mostly focused on my studies. I enjoy intellectual conversation the most, but that doesn't mean I'm completely boring. I also have a plan for life after college and am working hard to achieve my goals.

Is a 21 year old girl who looks 15 and acts 30 a turn off?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds great to me. Look me up sometime!

What Guys Said 3

• It wouldn't be a turn off for me. That's a good thing, as I look fairly young myself. I don't think that's what's preventing you from getting dates, as youthful looks are considered a good thing in a girl.

• I guess its better than looking 18, being 23, talk like a meme in person, but talk like an intellectual through text and blogs, but that's just me. But no, its not a turn off, just something most guys probably are not used too.

• It is not a turn off. I would say that it might be very intimidating for a lot of men though. They probably think you wouldn't give them the time of day.

What Girls Said 2

• Well looking young isn't really a problem. I'm in the same boat as you. I'm 23 but people think I'm 17 all the time, and I've never had a problem finding a boyfriend.

The maturity thing might be a turn off to most guys. "I'm not into partying and typical college activities and I'm mostly focused on my studies. I enjoy intellectual conversation the most, but that doesn't mean I'm completely boring." Unfortunately, to a lot of guys that would mean you're boring. A lot of guys (not all) enjoy partying and goofing around and having fun. If you seem like a stick in the mud, then it will be a turn off to them. There are guys out there who will appreciate intellectual conversation like you do though so you just gotta try to seek those guys out.

• i think the looks aren't a big deal but maybe talking a lot about your studies bores some guys out and they feel that the only thing you can talk about is your goals

i understand how you feel and you seem to be a pretty intelligent girl but try and talk about the '' normal topics '' if you get what I mean , studies (but not too much ) , hobbies , what you recently did , things that just keep a conversation going and really express your personality :) hope this helps