Do you prefer long hair or short hair on a girl, guys?

I have long hair right now, and was thinking of cutting it really short. It's at my waist now, and I think it makes me look reeeeally young. But is short hair going to be a turn off for guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• i like long hair because its long enough for a ponytail

• You like ponytails? Most guys like hair loose I thought...

• yes I love ponytails they make me crazy expecally when its swaying back and forth. Can I add you as a friend?

• Yeah, go ahead.

What Guys Said 5

• Guys in general will typically prefer long hair on a girl. Most any girl who does look good with short hair will almost always look better with longer hair IMO.

• long hair is just a plus...meaning I like girls for changing their look every once and a while.

• I love short hair on girls. Especially the ones that can pull it off and look really cute.

• Shoulder length hair is great. :)

• How do you women not know the answer to this? We like long hair. Almost every guy on the planet likes long hair. Only the most beautiful women in the world can pull of short hair and still look good. Those women would still look better with long hair.

What Girls Said 4

• I loooooveee long hair. (I'm straight). But my boyfriend loves any length as long as I am happy. If you have it, flaut your hair.

• Most guys do prefer long hair to short hair. Only cut it if you're sure it will look good on you.

• just get layers don't cut it! lol I did an I hate it had long haor like you I miss it =(

• That's what I was thinking, yeah. :P I cried last time I cut my hair, and it was only 2 inches. LOL

• Oh my god I cry every time my hair gets cut I thought it was just me because my family always makes fun of me!

• Don't feel bad! It's good to be attached to a part of you! :P

• It depends on the guy but in all honesty most guys do prefer long feminine hair past the shoulders this guy was just telling me how this girl he knows cut her hair really short and how he thinks it was such a bad idea and it made her unattractive. But that is just him, I am sure some guys don't care and some girls look stunning with short hair though I think a short cute bob is one of those "girl things"...like a certain style that girls can appreciate but men can't as much. It is just because long hair is associated with femininity which guys like.

I had really long hair like that all I did was cut off a couple of inches..in your case maybe cut off like 4 or 5 get layers and angles and ask the stylist to frame your face. I did that and it looks amazing now, it got long in the back again but it is very styled and sophisticated and shapes my face. The trick to having mature looking long hair is to keep it layered and angled, not all one length. Maybe bangs if it looks good on you as well. The cut definitely made me look older and more professional.