Red lipstick on darker skin?

Does red liptsick look good with a darker complexion. Would it look good with my skin color?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on who you ask. most girls will say yeah, on any skin because well they like all that make-up stuff. Guys will very. A_Guy would like it. Be me personally. I would prefer no lipstick at all. Lip gloss sure, but I personally can't stand lipstick. Especially red lipstick on anyone. You are really gorgeous. I don't think you really need it. If you want to do it because you just want to look good in general, go for it. If you want to do it because you are hoping it will attract guys. Well that's another story because each guy has his own preference, and wearing red lipstick can be a turn off and to others it can be a huge turn on. I say do what makes you feel comfortable.

• Well, I have a boyfriend and normally I wear no makeup at all...it's been awhile since I've seen him and I thought maybe it would increase the sexy factor lol...but I don't want him to be like wth? Haha :)

• Well, if that's the case then I wouldn't worry about it if I was you. Dressing would give him more of a wow factor, in my own eyes, than any amount of make-up could, especially if you never wear make up.

What Guys Said 1

• Damn, I don't know why, but I saw your pic and you are really beautiful, and yes Red lipstick would be stunning on you.

What Girls Said 14

• I'd try it and see. Red lipstick is tricky to wear though. You either look good in it or you look like a mess, there's no in between. Also make sure you apply it neatly. Nothings worse than seeing a girl with a bright lipstick and missing a spot or it being on her skin and not just her lips.

• Red lipstick can work well on any complexion, you just have to find the right shade.

• imo red looks good on anyone- its just a matter of finding your shade. for darker skin I think a darker red would look AWESOME- kind of a maroon color maybe.

• I think it would really suit you, try it and see :-) x

• Yes, you just have to determine whether to go for cool or warm shades according to your skin tone.

I have caramel brown skin and I wear red lipstick, too. Love it.

• yea . it can look good on dark skin depending on the shade you choose.

• Red lip stick makes every girl sexy!

• yep, it definitely would :)

• sure

:)

• i guess I have the same skin shade as yours I wear DARK red lipstick I don't know what about bright one

• Yeah it does because I always remember seeing that makeup ad of Jessica Alba...

• i think so, definitely!

• i think you should go with a bright red, not the brown reds

• it can always looks good you just need to find the right shade for you