How can you read faster?

I have a bunch of books I have to read, but I don't have much time. does anyone know of any way that one can read faster while still comprehending what is being read?

Most Helpful Girl

• In some cases, if it's non-fiction, just read the first and last sentence of every paragraph once you've gotten through the first couple chapters.

If it's fiction, sorry I can't help. The details are pretty important, unless you just want to read spark notes thoroughly and THEN skim through the book. You might pick up on details that way.

What Guys Said 2

• Live through some freak accident that leaves you able to communicate with your subconsciousness.

Another way is training. Go over the words faster than you can normally read. Your eyes should adjust to taking in more information simultaniously. You'll still comprehend the point of what you read, you'll miss the smaller words and automaticly fill them in.

At my fastest pace I can read 3 pages in 2 minutes while still knowing what the page talked about.

• watch the movie instead :)

What Girls Said 2

• well when I have to read things in a textbook I usually just read the bolded stuff, the titles, the underlined stuff, the italicized sheez I just "skim" through it because most likly your going to forgot a lot of stuff in there anyways right? but hey its not going to work for everyone :/

• audio books