Why do people believe I look tall, when in fact I'm only about 5'6?

wherever I go, people seem to comment on how tall I am, instead of complimenting me on my looks or style. The hair stylists at the salon would mention my height, as well as my work managers...

I don't think I am tall, just medium height (almost 5'6), I see tall girls everywhere from where I live.

What makes people taller than they appear? And should I take it as a compliment or offense, when strangers I meet outside tends to tell me that I look tall?

0|0
6|2

Most Helpful Guy

• Depending on you're build it can make you look shorter or taller. I have freinds who are the same height as me (6'1) that are a little more round in body shape and people always assume I'm taller. With girls some people would probably assume you are taller if you were quite narrow compared to an hourglass figure, it depends

0|0
    0|0
    • well, I am not that skinny, people would say I'm more curvy

What Guys Said 1

• thats tall for a girl that's like a guy being 6'1 its not super tall but its pretty tall

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• You must be very thin and/or have a long torso.

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh wow I have the same problem, everybody always comments on my height even though I am 5'7... I do have long legs, arms, and torso...

0|0
    0|0
  • i agree with luvbiddy if your really thin then it makes you look taller

im 5'4 / 5'5 and I don't look that tall because I'm curvy

0|0
    0|0
  • Are you really thin?

0|0
    0|0
  • A lot of people are just short

0|0
    0|0
  • Sh*t, I wish I was 5'6. I feel too short being 5'4.

0|0
    0|0