What's with all the feathers?

I started school yesterday and I swear, EVERY girl I see has a feather in her hair. and, my friend just texted me saying "i have a feather in my hair" is it just like a clip? or is it attached to your hair/head in some way. this is really making me curious. also, if you have to get it put in your hair, how much does it cost? hehe. just wondering

thank you :)

Most Helpful Girl

• They are pretty cheap in some places. I saw a place that ha them for $10! I don't have one, but my friend does. They are generally not clips. I think they attach it to a small strand of you hair by putting some kind of bead in your hair that has the feather attached to it. They clamp the bead with some pliers and you're done! Good luck! :)

• so can you buy them at a store? or do you have to go somewhere and they do it for you?

• Thanks for BA! :)

• youre very welcome :)

What Guys Said 4

• uh, I hate it when girls put stuff in their hair. Some guys dig it when girls put flowers and stuff in their hair. I hate it.

• They call it macaroni.

• whoah. I like flowers- but this feather thing is kinda overdoing it...

• Make your own style, don't follow the crowd :)

• i know, thank you. I don't usually follow. but I was just curious about them.

What Girls Said 7

• Some have clips, others you get it special. I know my sister and her friends are into this style at the moment...think it's possibly part of the current indie trend that's been floating around. :) Could be wrong though...not a style expert at all. lol

• Some girls do it because they like the look and other girls are just sheep. They're following the latest trends because they think they're supposed to.

I love the look, but I won't do it because EVERYONE is doing it ugh

• i guess the latest trend involves turning into a bird? x___x how horrifying...

according to this: link

it's an actual clip.

• They're sewn in. They cost $35 a piece plus $50 to be sewn in. My sister just got them.

• some are clips that you can buy almost anywhere, and some you can have one put in by a hair salon. I think they put it in like they do hair extensions. I think it's a waste of money though. I don't like them...

• Feathers are the new sh*t in town.

• well I got one because my parents wouldn't let me dye a streak of my hair or not even some natural colored hylight so I thought that was a cute solution (mine looks more like actual hair than a feather but you can still tell) and when I got to school I'm like WOAH! everyone had them! but I mean I paid 35 bucks for it I'm not going to take it out! (they told me 20 on the phone and I get there and have it done and she's like oh its 35 and I'm like wth! but I mean she already did it! I couldn't just walk out without having cops come lol!) but if I have it done again (idk if I will) but I am going to do it myself and by a cheap clip, cut the feathers off and do it (I make jewelry so I know how to do and terrificial explained how) I think its so popular because the hippee and tribal looks are in right now... I just wanted a color besides my mouse brown eww!