This one is for the girls; ways to make your hair wavy?

so girls, I'm interested. what are some ways you make your hair wavy/curly. for me, I usually shower at night, towel dry my hair(no brushing) put in some wave enhancer(its a spray) and put it into a bun. the next morning I take it down and usually I have some pretty good waves. if you want to see how it comes out, go to my profile and look at my pics. I really want to know how you all do it. I'm looking for some new techniques. for me, my hair is thick, long, and naturally has a few waves. what is your hair type and what products do use, and what does it look like when your finished!

thank you :)

Most Helpful Girl

• well I actually tried this new thing with my hair but I don't sleep in it.. I usually take a shower in the morning & put a split end mender in it. I use NEXUS PRO MEND [targeted leave in treatment. {not the over night one ( its like $9)}] I just put a little skuirt of that on my ends & split my hair down the back into 2 sections. then on the right side split yourr hair into two sections. take the front one & twist away from yourr face & take the back one & twist away from your face. tie both of them together at the end with a hair tie. do it to the other side also(: remember to twist the hair away from yourr face! leave it in till it dries & when youu take yourr hair out you'll have amazing kim kardashian curls! just big loose curls(: if youu take the ties out while its still kinda wet then just keep yourr hair parted down the middle & just twist yourr hair like it was in one big twist on either side.

• thanks! when I got out of the shower earlier. I left the towel on my head a little longer than usual. I brushed it out, sprayed the wave enhancer and I took sections of my hair and twisted it and then coiled it on my head then bobbypinned it so it would stay. I'm really anxious to take them down tomorrow and see what they look like. I am deff going to try your technique sometime soon. thank you so much! :)

• yayy! I hope your hair turns out cute! you gotta post a pic if it does I wanna see it(:

What Guys Said 2

• I really think so. And women's hairfashion nowadays is completely f***ed up. Look at all the dyke haircuts hollywood starlets are walking around in.

• Good choice. Wavey curly hair is so beautiful.

• you really think so? it seems like girls these days are into having stick straight hair. I prefer wavy/ curly.

• yah when girls have suuper straight hair it looks lifeless & dead lol

• no, some girls can pull it off! I mean when girls who have nice, good hair. and they like straighten it so its pin straight and it looks like its stiff as a board.

What Girls Said 8

• I just braid my hair when I come out of the shower, after towel drying of course. The only product I use in the morning when I take them out is some hairspray. My hair has many waves. It's almost like I took a crimper to it. I don't have a pic of it, but that's the best description I could think for it :P

But my hair loosens up during the day and ends up looking kind of like yours :)

My hair is naturally thick too and its long, down to my armpits. But my hair is oily so I don't use many products.

• My hair is naturally wavy. I use to do what you do to get waves but I'd mix a little bit of conditioner (to make it stay) as well as split end mender and shining serum, and sometimes now. Now I hardly wear my hair wavy and if I do its when I'm in a rush and don't have time. I usually take garnier wavy spray as well as curl enhancer spray and spray them both onto my hair and then scrunch it up.

• Your hair looks good :)

Personally, I can't sleep on wet hair and maintain good curls/waves. I always shower in the morning. If I want to go curly, I'll not brush my hair and scrunch it a bit while just letting it dry. Sometimes I use Aussie sprunch spray. Actually, though, I've found if I just shampoo it and let it go without brushing, it curls the best. A bit tangly, so I don't always go that route, but it's worth a try if you want the curls.

• i used to scrunch my hair every single day! but one day I ran out of product and I didn't have money to buy it, and I just never bought more. haha. but I loved scrunching my hair. if I let my air dry during the day, its kind of wavy, but the ends get really wavy.

• hmm, yeah, that stuff isn't always worth it, anyway. I'd recommend trying just shampoo, then letting it air dry and scrunching a bit while it dries.

• there is this type conditioner they sell in walmart or in small chain stores called la michoacana

the product is called SEDAL and the special bottle has the word RIZOS- it might also have a picture of a woman with curly hair-

this is applied to the hair when wet and it helps the hair curl even more than it would on its own- the hair curl seems more uniform- it will not make the hair still like most gels do.

• I haven't quite figured that out, I'm kind of hair-inept. But if I put it up in a loose bun when my hair is mostly dry, it'll dry into nice loose waves in an hour or so. Which is OK, but not really time-efficient, so I'm looking for new techniques as well. :P

• I wish I could get waves like yours with just wave enhancing products! my hair is so naturally straight that those products don't really do anything for me lol :(

I have a 1 1/2" clipless curling iron, and I use that to make my hair wavy. I also use some curl spray from tresseme because otherwise my hair would quickly revert to it's naturally straight self.

• piggyback rollerset

• after I shower, I twirl small sections of my hair and blow dry them. otherwise I just use a curing iron (after I spray heat protect stuff of course).