Why do people pierce their tongues?

You don't see it, it hurts like hell, it chips your teeth, it has the highest chance of infection because of contact with food.

Why do they do it?

or if you have one, why did you do it?

what's the benefit?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have one. Why did I get it? Honestly, I was waiting for a friend who was meeting me for lunch, and he said he was running a little late, so I figured I'd amuse myself by getting it done.

I don't have a sexually active lifestyle, so THAT reasoning is BS. No one sees it, so it's just something for me. I'm academic, so I can't do anything too outlandish because I have to maintain some professionalism - so I keep my tattoos and piercings in places that are hidden from general sight.

I love it. I love the freedom to be able to do what I want with my body. And ironically, it healed faster than any other piercing or tattoo I've ever had.

What Guys Said 4

• Some metrosexual clothing designer decided it looked cool, so millions of airheaded women also think it looks cool.

• Boredom. Nothing better to do. Do something interesting to get noticed, any number of reasons.

• blowjobs with tongue piercing are better...

• It can be a kind of masochism.

What Girls Said 7

• I have to disagree with you on a few things. It was the least painful piercing, if you have it done through the middle of the tongue then it's going through tissue, not muscle. It doesn't chip your teeth, I've had mine for 5 years and my teeth are fine (at one stage I had 3 tongue piercings, one behind the other). Also if you have your nipple pierced or even belly button it's not on show all the time so it's not always about what people can see, I just liked it and got it done. Finally any piercing can get infected if my looked after properly, a long as you have good hygiene then there's no reason why you would get an infection x

• 3 piercings on your tongue! geez girl you've got ballz!

Apparently it chips away at the enamel behind your teeth...my friend told me it was and I asked my dentist and he says it can happen.

I think it all depends on where you put the piercing.

Thnx for sharing!

• no idea. I find it super hot though.

• there's a real good reason to get them. but I don't wanna disturb the innocence and tell you. let's just say it has to do with oral pleasure.

• I think they like it. I wanted one, but a friend told me that guys will think that I like giving head, so I got grossed out and decided on skipping the idea. He ruined it for me.

• To Each His or Her or HisHer or HerHis Own?

Idk...

• one girl I know told me she did it so she could give better oral. . .-.-

• Haha I agree with Littlemiss, but I don't know it's never really caught my attention