When girls call you ugly or hideous, how do you not take it personally?

Ok so ill be honest. All this trolling me has been getting to me lately. That last one made me feel pretty awful too. But thanks to some kind words from friends I feel better now.

But I just gotta ask how guys that have received those types of comments towards them deal with them? How do you not let them bother you?

I don't get girls telling me I'm cute or hot all the time, and so when I hear the other things, I get a little down about it.

Help me out folks. :-)

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls can be pretty harsh. Even to one another so I wouldn't take it personally at all. Girls that do this usually are really superficial or it makes them feel better about themselves to put others down. They are just bitches who have no heart or sensitivity about things. Or they have the ideal look in their mind as to attraction to them and anyone else that doesn't fit the mold is considered ugly to them, no matter what the personality. These women are usually materialistic as well.

I wouldn't sweat it bro. I get some weird reactions from women sometimes. Usually it's some knee jerk reaction they have to a question that they hear so many time they use it as an instant response. Or they don't know how to take your question or response or comment and act out defensively or from not knowing exactly how to react to whatever.

Sometimes they are insecure of themselves so if they show acceptance they feel like they will show vulnerability or something. Girls seem confusing, but usually reactions are from a defensive point of view or a show off style or just plain confusion. Just shake the dust off your shoulders and move on man. There's plenty of fish in the sea coining an old analogy.

• Solid advice man. I love it!

• Hey man, girls can be confusing, but they are still human. Just have to say to yourself sometimes. If I was in her shoes and I said that stuff to someone, why would I do that? Also, I've had girls that were just friends for a while that I used to hang out with and have learned some interesting things about them and have a better understanding about how women think. Well I'd like to think I do anyhow LOL.

• hmmm I think the down arrow was from one of those said chicks LOL.

What Girls Said 7

• When you're on the Interwebs, you're almost guaranteed to have people dislike you. Some people keep their dislike to themselves, whereas others have no problem voicing it, especially because of the anonymity that the Internet provides.

Now, I'd say there's three categories of haters: those that dislike you, but don't say anything; those that dislike you, and will express their dislike in more general terms (i.e. "You're so annoying."), and those that dislike you and will express their dislike at a very personal level.

The latter group are usually unhappy people who get a power trip from making others feel upset or insecure about themselves. They look for things to comment on that they know will hit a nerve, and personal photos are often one of those things (since they know that a lot of people are insecure about their looks).

So, you have two options. Either you recognize that they're just haters and their opinions don't matter, so you don't let it get to you. Or you avoid giving them things to comment about that you're insecure about (i.e. some people choose not to post personal pictures on their profile).

• The only comments that should matter to you are those from your friends. There are a lot of haters on here so you shouldn't take it personally. You have to agree that if someone asks a question on here saying that they want to f*** you and that your so cute and hot that its going to get some bad remarks. That question could be asked about a supermodel and it would still get negative remarks. Its not you and I'm sure there is nothing wrong with the way you look. Keep a low profile and people will move on to someone else faster then you think. I don't think users should use their pics on here anyways no matter how hot they are. Its not one of those sites where a person shouldn't use their own identity.

• Next time a girl upsets you by calling you ugly, ask her if she can live without make up and expose her true face. Most girls can't because they know that they aren't attractive without the war paint. Try not to let bitchy comments by some random female get you down.

• Well Girls call me ugly. I feel Bad. But then time heals me.

LOL. Kain6th it is the internet. No one can come up to you and say that sh*t to your face...well at least not to me...because I will drop kick thier asses.

Be happy. You're Famous.

• I don't really take it bad. it's fine.I can take criticism

• I know how you feel. A lot of guys on this site call me ugly and hideous as well, and I've never been called pretty before so I figure it must be true. I try not to let it get to me but it's hard. It makes me really sad. Honestly, I haven't left the house since Tuesday because it's been bad this week.

• Aww hang in there sweetie. Let's both hang in there together! :-)

• Think, that person wants to hurt you, and their telling you that to hurt you not because it's true.

What Guys Said 4

• You reap what you sow.

By now you should know the seeds you are planting. When the crops grow and give you the middle finger, you shouldn't be surprised. You're a big boy now. You can handle it.

Of course, there is another option. You can stop planting these seeds, and throw them into the river where they can no longer curse you. That's better than waking up to the big fat "bird" every day, at least for someone with this level of sensitivity.

• Not sure if I should be planting a garden now, thanks :-P

• Yesssss! Thanks Kain6th. Everyone has some sensitivity in them by the way. Just some more or less than others and it depends how you've been raise or what experiences you've been through.

• Stitches, You are so modest.

But it is OK.

XD

• Every girl has a different opinion on how guys look. One of my friends is downright gorgeous and yet I've asked other lady friends to rate her and they're like "meh." So some girls think you're ugly, but there will always be others who think you're an absolute babe. Can't please everyone!

• i just say whatever lol and girls rarely compliment guys on looks.

• It's never happened. If you want you you can throw it at me so I can say I did it and all I got is this lousy t-shirt.