Why are girls much harsher raters than guys?

there is this rating site but they don't rate by numbers. they say pretty, gorgeous, average, ugly, etc. and you can select to only be rated by guys or only be rated by girls, or both.

i put up my three best pictures and had them rated by girls only. I only got a few good votes, the rest were either for average or ugly.

i put those same pictures up and had them rated by guys only. I got mostly good votes, a few averages and I think one ugly.

but girls were way harsher on me than guys. you can leave comments too and guys said things like pretty eyes or nice smile, but girls said things like dull hair, bad fashion sense, and need more makeup.

why are girls so much harsher?

Most Helpful Girl

• why are girls so much harsher?

1. Girls are more detail oriented than guys. To most guys a little fat here, some bad skin there, wonky unevenness don't matter much. Girls will notice these things and some will count that in your score.

2. Most of the guys on here aren't that lucky so with their desperation any normal looking female will get attention/be attractive

3. Most guys are attracted to most women & will exaggerate her attractiveness because they want her or on this site to friend/spam message her

^ a guy being attracted to you doesn't always mean you're attractive.

it can mean you're attractive enough for me to want sex with

4. Some girls are jealous & petty. Though I see more a** kisser and everyone's beautiful people than the petty girls.

5. Some girls have very different standards due to the level of attractiveness they see daily.

6. Anonymous User trolls

7. girls just playing games to make you focus on your flaws and get all obsessive

need more makeup.

^ bad advice it's better to have a skin regimen so you don't need makeup

What Guys Said 9

• Basically...

Women can't see the forest through the trees, and men can't pick out the individual trees in the forest.

Men see the big picture, how it all comes together. Women dissect every little detail, paying no mind to the big picture, the sum of the parts.

• It's all from our ancient hunter/gather instincts, and even continues to emerge in the typical shopping habits of both genders.

• Those girls are obsessed with the "glamour of media" and are trying to make you live up to their own expectations of "beauty", which I personally do not even find attractive the slightest.

So, just believe the guys - if they say you're attractive, then you most possibly are.

• Jealousy, cause your really pretty, plus most guys will say any girl is pretty or hot cause they want you..

• girls are harsher, no doubt. its because off the fact that women can get guys, just because they are women, they don't even have to be attractive women and they get more tail than unattractive guys...

• didn't see the pictures but I bet they were lovely. You're pretty attractive jailbait.

Girls are haters.

• What site is this? I'd like to check it out.

• Lots of women are unsatisfied with themselves. So it makes them feel better to point at other women imperfections. Women are very sensitive to criticism but they sure seem to get pleasure from being mean bitches to others. They either are all lies and give you tons of compliments they don't believe in, or nasty mean and intending to hurt your feelings. It's rare to find chicks that are cool and truthful. Most words from women can't be trusted, they are either full of sh*t or full of drama, rarely sincere and heartfelt.

• what site is this?

• You're their competition, not their prize.

• Succinct, and 100% accurate.

So wise and so profoundly simple, it should have been on a luxury fortune cookie.

What Girls Said 8

• Most girls are very competitive with other girls. So they're much harsher judges than guys. And when a (straight) girl rates another girl, they're judging from what their brain tells them. Unlike (straight) guys who will be judging from their heart or what's in their pants. Basically it's brain vs hormones.

• And I'd say you were pretty, so maybe some of those girls are just jealous too haha

• It's just a stupid site. You're not ugly and you don't need confirmation of this fact from strangers over the internet. It's dumb and those girls are probably jealous. Nuff' said.

• guys think with their penis,and penises are easily satisfied,women's brains and need to check every detail however are not

• I wouldn't listen to them. I hate to pull the "they're just jealous" card but honestly, they may just be jealous of you. I can only see your picture from your thumbnail and you look really pretty!

I wouldn't fret about it.

• I didn't know you can get your pics rated? Crazy! But I think it's because they maybe envy you?

• I think that a lot of girls are just mean and also agree that heterosexual women are not going to tell you that you're attractive because they're not trying to attract you!

• I rate easy...without numbers...so I don't seem like a douche.

Your Pretty Though not a big deal...the internet is full of sh*t.

If it was Udolipixie that said you were ugly...she is just opinionated in general.

• Girls are trying to put you down so that they will feel beautiful and superior! But guys really don't need to do that to girls because um... ya