How do you react to seeing these kinds of couples?

I was at the mall yesterday and I saw a really handsome guy with a not-so-pretty girl. As I passed by I heard girls saying how the girl didn't deserve the guy and she's probably bribing or blackmailing him.

To be honest, that totally broke my heart. Is it just me or am I the only one that finds those kinds of couples cute?

You know those couples where the guy or girl absolutely beautiful and the other is just the opposite? Yeah, I find those cute. To me, it's those kinds of relationships that are admirable because I see that some people in the world aren't actually all that shallow.

It gives me hope that people are still dating someone else despite their imperfections. I don't get it, why do people react so differently than I do whenever they see that kind of couple? Is it really just me?

Most Helpful Girl

• Secret is: looks are very little to do with why you fall in love with someone (some might say that attraction is a different matter). Needy and spiteful girls are plain ugly even if they're pretty on the outside. You'll find that the unhappy people bring it on themselves by having a crappy attitude towards others.

You'll be fine, just be honest with people and make the most of what you have, no-one can ask more than that. As you say, "people are still dating someone else despite their imperfections", the people who believe they DESERVE the attention without working for it will be the ones never to find love. You're fine, there is nothing wrong with you.

What Guys Said 4

• No, you are not alone.

only shallow people who judge human based on their look.

for me I get hope when I see couple who they are truly in love...

• LOL...I don't say anything...exactly. when I see those couple I think it is cool. When I see haters I say nothing because what I really wanna say is GTFOWTBS...but in reality control myself not to care about them, I know they are stupid shallow fools.

• Well.. I've seen more like, really beautiful girl with a complete nerd. And many times! That makes me wonder.

Although it's none of my business I think such couples are really weird.

Call me shallow but I judge people based on their looks, I'm just hardwired about it.

• Hahaha, I don't know why people down-rated your answer. It's your opinion and you weren't offensive in anyway..!

• I'm not surprised by it, people are used to hear what they want to hear not the real truth. I was just honest.

• As we have written a thousand times it all comes down to personality & compatibility.

• Shallow people are so shallow, they don't believe it's possible not to be shallow.

They don't believe depth exists.

What Girls Said 8

• How do you react to seeing these kinds of couples? I laugh

Is it just me or am I the only one that finds those kinds of couples cute? why do you. Do you find it cute because it gives you hope of getting a hottie or that guys aren't that fixated on looks? Or because the couples are acting cute?

"To me, it's those kinds of relationships that are admirable because I see that some people in the world aren't actually all that shallow." <- yep that's 'cute'

why do people react so differently than I do whenever they see that kind of couple? different people different opinions. As long as it's not spreading hate or encouraging violence does the why matter or make a difference in your life.

Is it really just me? nope plenty of guys find the hot girl/ugly guy couple inspirational..wait I meant 'cute' lol

• You left me no choice...no choice but to agree.

• Lol I was being facetious.

And yes, being sarcastic is totally not insulting! :D

(See what I did there?)

I have come to a realization too! :) I realized that I can't defend my opinion without people thinking I'm some crazed lunatic who shoves her opinions down others' throats. That's wonderful.

• That's wonderful.

^ lol yep that's GAG for you

Didn't say crazed lunatic just a girl with projection issues probably because this is so serious to you lol

• How about "He doesn't think she's ugly."

I'm constantly amazed at what other people think is beautiful and ugly. I've pointed out gorgeous men to my friends and they go "meh." I even have guy friends who think Sarah Jessica Parker is cute, and while others think she's dog-ugly.

Back when I was dating my ex, my friends (even myself) noticed that he was much more attractive than I am. However, when I would catch him looking at girls on the street, admiring celebrities, etc, they'd always slightly resemble me. He was just naturally attracted to brunette, pale girls when my area of the country is positively swarming with blond, tanned, skinny debutante-wannabes.

My mother always told me that those average looking girls with very attractive boyfriends were the ones that had the courage to walk up to them and say hi. Just because some guy is drool-tastic, it doesn't necessarily mean that he thinks he is, or even knows that he is. And to the girls (or guys) who make rude comments to oddly-matched couples, they are either insecure about themselves or jealous that two people can love each other beyond the physical factors.

• Sounds like jealousy runs rampant with those girls. :( It's sad they can't be happy for anyone but themselves.

• i find all happy couples cute

i saw an old man and woman in their 70's together at the beginning of the summer they were feeding each other in a restaurant and I actually went and had a conversation with them about it , they were just cute :D

• Well, I don't pay much attention, but I get what you mean. I think ANY happy couple is cute, though :P

I think those girls were jealous. Or they truly don't understand how love works.

• nah I think they understand how love works, that's why they can't understand a couple so mis-matched in value

• "Value"? That's awfully subjective.

• I know what you mean...It's uplifting in a way...maybe because it's like the whole "Cinderella" concept us little girls were raised upon...finding happiness and love despite the odds! =)

• I want to say I give a F***, but I really don't give a F***.

• What do you mean? You don't care that people are judging others because of how they look?

• LOL.

You can do what you want. I am saying it is like you expected me to be on your side. but I sounded like a douche with my opinion. lol. Don't hate me Ms. Anon, I am nice lol...but I do offend people if they don't understand me. Well thanks for answering my answer :D

• You're very welcome :)

• I react to them the same way I react to any other couple I see.