What do you think of girls who shave their heads?

I want to shave my head to support ovarian cancer, which my grandmother died of, but I am also enamored by the idea of not having an hour long hair routine. BUT I do not want my social (dating) life to Titanic, especially because I am transferring to a new school. I am straight by the way, I heard that shaving your head is associated with being lesbian or something, which is totally fine by me, but I my self am attracted to men ;)

So, thoughts on women who shave their heads?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a very noble and honorable thing to do, but, I don't think it will get your point across without telling someone that's why you did it. It's not like it's so common that if you see a bald person to think they're supporting cancer, and I'm sure your grandmother would appreciate it, but I'm also sure that your grandmother would want you to be as happy as possible, and it's going to be hard to be happy with your dating life without some resemblance of hair on your head IMO... Plus, you're going to freeze in the winter, and if you're stuck without a hat or umbrella in the rain, well, self-explanatory there. I've never seen a woman (in person) who had a shaved head, and I don't think I'd find myself attracted to her much at all...

Though, that isn't to say that some guy won't come along and fall for you regardless, falling for who you are without any hair at all. And in a way I think it's certainly more respectful that you'd do it because you want to regardless of how others would feel - shows strength of character and independence from others. So - do what you think is best.

What Guys Said 8

• I find it a very nice gesture, but I wouldn't advice it. Bald girls are hideous. Not a single girl can pull it off. Not even Natalie Portman in V for vendetta.

• Every woman should shave her head at least once in her life.

I think that it is important that you understand that you only live once. So why should you remorse over something you didn't do? Besides its only hair and it will grow back! I support your decision to shave your head!

GO FOR IT! GRAB A PAIR OF GUARDLESS CLIPPERS AND SHAVE IT OFF>ITS SO LIBERATING!

Who cares what other people think as long as you are happy withit. Besides if people ask just tell them in support of my late grandma who died of...

email me on george.toutounji@hotmail.com if you need any help on this issue...who knows I might support you and have you shave me bald too;)

• Don't do it.

• Only a few women can pull it off and still be sexy/cute. If you have the right head shape, face, and body type, you can still look very attractive. If you have more of a cute/babyface than a sexy/beautiful face then I think you could pull it off.

• Ugh!

• If your supporting cancer, it's stupid. If it's because you just want to be bald and don't want the hassle of taking care of your hair that's fine.

My heart goes out to those with cancer but there isn't a chance I'm going to support a cause where my money will go to waste.

Chemo therapy has a success rate of 2%, despite this it is the most recommended treatment in America. The cheap compound known as dichloroacetic acid induces, apoptosis, decreases proliferation, and inhibits tumor growth, without apparent toxicity, in 80% of it's test patients.

The only problem is no pharmaceutical company wants to pay for the trials (about a billion) DCA was discovered hundreds of years ago and can no longer be patented, so there is no guarantee they'd make there money back. You can't really blame them though, after all, 1 trillion dollars gets added to the American economy each year.

• Its a lovely gesture.

No woman on the planet can pull it off.

• unless you have the perfect face your dating life will titanic

What Girls Said 5

• In my area the popular thing that a lot of girls are doing is shaving half of their heads, please don't do this. It looks pointless. But I think that you are doing it for the right reasons which is definitely honorable. I think you should go for it, hair grows back. But I can't really say if its a good idea because I don't know what you look like. Some girls can pull it off while others can't.

• It's for support so that's beautiful. The other girls who do it to follow the trend are getting annoying though.

• guys probably won't be as interested in you if you're bald...IMO. my grandma died of breat cancer last year so I can relate to your grief. but I'm sure your grandmother knows that you loved her very much even if yoiu don't shave your head (:

• Do what you want, but yea guys won't find you very attractive after that :/ I mean some will, but not all. If you want to do it though, just do it :) it's for a good cause

• i would think every one would think you have cancer (not just supporting it) and be all sympathetic toawrds you and stuff but I mean if you want to and think you could pull it off go for it (maybe invest in a cheap bald cap to see first lol can be found in most costume stores) oh and make sure you have no dents or scars on your head that's just gross to see bald.