Do pretty girls influence what you buy?

Girls, here's a scenario, say you see a clothing or bag item in a dept. store that you particularly like and you see two kinds of girls trying it on ( and please be honest with your answers). Would a pretty or attractive girl trying on a bag or clothing item more likely to persuade you to try on the item and buy it yourself, or would a more average looking girl trying on the clothing item persuade you to try it on yourself?

Please be frank! :)

If you are going to answer none of the choices I've given you, please don't answer or make a rebuttal. I know that even if some of you say that the attractiveness of the girls around the product don't matter, it does effect your brain chemistry somewhat.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would go with the less attractive girl, mainly someone who looks more like me. If I see a really petite pretty girl trying something on and it looks great on here, chances are it won't look good on me as I am tall and full figured. Quite honestly, most of the stores that I see clothing that I would like to have, do not fit me so I can't even make that decision most of the time. I usually just avoid the stores with the people who look least like me, because I know right away they probably won't have much to offer for me :P

What Guys Said 2

• I don't think you will get a straight answer from girls because this will happen more subconciously. Probably no girl will admit it but it will probably affect some girls' decisions

• I'm pretty sure you would have to actually do this experiement to get the data that you want, and not just ask people what they think they would do in a situation like you provided.

• yeah, because people can't help but be biased and deny the truth

• Not really what I was thinking, but yes, you won't get accurate results from just asking.

What Girls Said 5

• It wouldn't affect my decision. The factors that come into my decision when I buy something are things like: Do I like it? Does it look good on me? Can I afford it/is it worth the price?

• How much people are influenced by others varies, and the aspects of other people that have an influence on them also vary. Cool.

• The girl who looks more like me would probably have more of an effect on me, regardless of whether she's the prettier one or not. For example, if a skinny girl looks good in something that wouldn't be flattering on ME, I'm still not going to be interested in the item, because I have to be realistic.

• I wouldn't buy the item of clothing just because a pretty girl is trying it on! I have my own style and I don't just copy others to try to be like them!

• Sadly I'm more influenced by boys :/ for example my biggest dilemma is the outfit that I love v the outfit that boys love on me this is pretty pathetic but its the truth as for what girls wear it doesn't really matter what their face looks like because I just look at their clothes and shoes and see how they match or flatter their figure basically to give me outfit ideas.

• I buy whatever looks good on me, not necessarily some random attractive or average girl. And if I'm shopping in the same department store as either of those girls, I wouldn't assume one is richer or something and therefore trendier and "just have to have" what they're trying on.

• I'm more likely to see the attractive girl and what she's trying on because it's more likely she'll catch my eye. Is that what you're looking for?