Why do Girls care About their Hair so Much?

Well Why? I never really understood why my girlfriend spends like hours on her hair. Why is that?

Most Helpful Girl

• I just want it to look nice when I go out. I don't want to look like I just woke out of bed and walk down the street with bed head. Also my length of hair is long so it takes a while to style it. Also because I just like looking nice ;*)

What Girls Said 4

• Simple—hair is what makes a woman a woman. It’s something you notice from a distance, and often, a girl’s best feature.

I spend probably about 30 mins a day on mine (not including shampooing) because I think it’s probably the most important part of my look. As a natural redhead, my hair is my most distinctive, and arguably my best feature so I like to have it looking as nice as possible. It’s also really really long (Mid to lower back) so it takes a while just to remove tangles even if I don’t style it. And if I scrunch or straighten it (or blowdry; yikes!) it can take even longer.

Think about it—a lot of guys say they like the girl to look natural, but I don’t think they really have a good understanding of how long even just maintaining good hygiene takes a girl. Yes, we spend longer in the shower, but that’s because we have to shave our legs (and other areas) and wash ~ 20 extra inches of hair in addition to what y’all do. And then out of the shower—you don’t wanna know how long it takes lol.

Just let your girlfriend know you appreciate how nice her hair looks. It’ll make her day and let her know that all her effort isn’t going unnoticed! : )

Good luck!

• Because to girls, our hair is the number one accessory. If a girl is wearing the most amazing outfit; rocking it from the neck down, but her hair is a hot mess, than she will just look plain ugly. If a girl's hair is messed up, it doesn't matter what your wearing because the "look" won't feel or look the same. On the other hand, if a girl is dressed down, you know, sweatpants, slippers and a really baggy hoodie, but her hair is pretty, she will look still look really cute.

Another reason is that our hair frames our faces, and since that's what people look at when they see you (most of the time lol), if it looks bad people will notice almost immediately so it makes it a bigger deal, than lets say if your shoes don't match you because half the people won't even notice. This is kind of hard to explain lol but I hope it helped some-what.

• A girl doing her hair has been around for ages! It is just one of the things that a girl feels she needs to do in order to look nice. Imagine this, if we didn't take hours doing our hair then it would look messy and everyone would have the same nasty hair! haha. Yeah I do agree that some girls take way too long doing there hair. But in the end just remember that we are doing it to look nice for you guys! Plus, playing with hair can be fun! :]

• Personally if I don't take the time to blow dry and straighten my hair it ends up looking like one of those tacky witch wigs that raise their ugly heads around Halloween. It isn't pretty.

What Guys Said 1

• That's an easy question. Cause they want to look their best.