Tips for a pear shape girl?

Girls what should I totally wear and not wear as I am pear shape, I am really small on top and have wide hips, not a big butt ...thick thighs too...

I just feel I need to wear things that are tight otherwise people think I am fat because of my legs and hips...

I used to wear flare tops because I find them to be cute but I guess its a bad choice for me... And I can't wear skinny jeans because I look weird with it...

So any tips ? Links would be great

Most Helpful Girl

• Bootcut jeans? They flare out at the bottom but are tight at the top causing a leaner look...Oh here is a link with tips that I found.. :) link

• That link is really really good thank you :) so true that wearing the wrong clothes people can think you are overweight ... I can't wear flare tops because of that :(

• I might also add, on girls like you, lose wide shirts (even Kaftans) look amazing.

When you wear something to tight, it doesn't look good. Not to me, ever.

• Have you seen the link? Kaftans and lose shirts really aren't for my body type at all specially because its long and it ends in my widest part the hips so not a good idea

What Guys Said 5

• Don't hide that kind of awesomeness. :)

• Hahaha yeah boys seems to love wide hips and narrow waist, its a biological thing ...

• What can I say, I appreciate curves. ;)

• Why would you try to hide that? :/ I didn't know the name of it but I think that's the best type of body you can have. However if you don't like it. then these types of jeans would kinda hide it link

How tall are you btw? (:

• I am pretty short 5 ft, its not that I want to hide it the thing is I can't wear flare tops because they would Made me look fat as my hips are my widest part... I think it is a sexy body type but its not as simple to dress ;)

• you should buy a treadmill and hop on it. there's no excuse and there's no way to cover it up. FITNESS IS THE WAY

• Its a body shape. I work out everyday its not fat its my bone structure it WON T change... I am not trying to cover it up ...

• hence why I said, I'm sure you're not overweight.

• She's not fat it's her body shape which you can't change

• AltTech took the words out of my mouth...

• How small are you boobs and how big are your hips?

• I wear 34 b and my hips I don't know I just know I couldn't be a model lol

• I might be a 32b now I lost some weight... But my shoulders are narrow and so is my waist...

• Well, that sounds pretty good!

What Girls Said 6

• I'm kind of like that too I wear a small for shirts and medium for bottoms. It looks odd in photos, I feel like all you can see is my bottom half lol. I agree with you on flared tops, they just make you look bigger, try to find clothes that flatter your small waist instead of hiding it. Also avoid cropped tops which is the trend right now, I find that anything cropped just makes me look really weird. I like to wear bootcut jeans in a dark wash, they are very slimming.

• Yeah I know I Also use small on top and medium or large on the bottoms lol I even joke that I am half thin half fat...Yeah always dark wash or Those that are light in the middle and darker on the sides...But I do wear cropped cardigans as I think they stop right in the place I am tiny

• Pencil skirts always look nice on pear shapes. Perhaps following Kim Kardashian's style since she has curves. Although you don't have a large chest, you can still mimic her style. Wear flattering clothes for your chest- tight fitted shirts, button up shirts, etc.

• The thing is I am short like shorter than her and not that boobs or ass, just the thighs and narrow waist but I guess what she wears is always tight

• Have you tried belts? Belts could also help break up your curves and bring the attention towards your upper half

• yeah I always try to wear tops that comes with belts on and wraps...thanks for the tips ;)

• i think something like this would suit you

link

link

• Good I like the first one a lot, the second one not so much but I get it the shape of the dress ;)

• How about a tight tank, with slightly flarey jeans :) I find that combination flatters pear shapes the most

• Yeah I agree that's what I usually wear ;)

• Yea, but from what I can see he's an idiot, so don't listen to him ha ha I'm kinda ashamed that he has, Canada in his name annnnnd that he spelt it wrong... Point proven, he's an idiot

• Exactly

• Flares are good. Any skinny top is good because you are skinny on top. Anything that flares out on the bottom like if you want to wear a skirt wear one to your knee that isn't tight but flares. Get it, flares?

• Yeah I get it... That's what I do, but there are so many cute flare tops that I wish I could wear and not so many cute skinny tops:( but thanks for the tip

• wear pretty knee length skirts and maybe wear cardigans that are long and with a belt

• I am short so the knee lenght would look odd