How is it possible that someone can look way thinner than her weight?

So I have a friend, I guess I can say she's one of those blessed ones who can carry her weight nicely.

She's on the short side: 5 ft and weighs 140 lbs

---------> yeah I'm sure she's 140 Because the school clinic takes note of these kinda things at the start of classes and the end of the schoolyear :/

here are some recent pics of her (I asked her if I can post it here :))...she's Asian btw...

link

link

link

well I was just wondering how this is possible since she's not the muscular type...except her calves, theyre KINDA muscular from walking up and down long flights of stairs...

I've seen girls who are 5 inches taller than her and 5 lbs heavier but they're way more rounder all over their body. She'd get nasty looks from them Because they think she's lying and trying to make em look like idk...whales? (based from what I've heard) but she doesn't really care bout em.

so yeah, how's it possible? :)

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a simple matter of genetics that determines where fat gathers on your body. Some people are unfortunate and have it all gather in one or a few key select spots, but others are lucky and have it spread evenly around their body in a way that allows them to retain a figure, such as your friend here. She's technically overweight for her height, and she may even be venturing into the realm where there are health risks associated with it (I can't be sure because I'm no expert), but despite all that, I can honestly and without any sense of exaggeration look at her figure and say

"Good lord she's f***ing hot."

What Guys Said 3

• She's well proportioned, but I'd be hard pressed to call her thin or even thin looking.

She's carrying all of her extra weight evenly distributed around her body. That definitely helps. But you can see the extra weight in her arms, her torso, her abdomen, and definitely in her legs. As you say, the legs may be more muscle than fat, but muscle weighs more than fat. So that's probably a good chunk of her 140lbs right there.

Some girls (and guys) are unfortunate enough to carry their excess weight in obvious ways, like all in the belly for example, and those people don't look "thinner" than their weight as a result.

• Because she has a figure that every woman wants and every mans drools over, which is round hips and big breasts. Some woman are blessed with this figure, while others hold their weight on the stomach/neck, which makes you appear heavier.

• I don't know the answer to your q, but you can tell her some anonymous dude on the internet says she's hot.

What Girls Said 10

• She is very well proportioned but I would think that was her weight anyways. Some girls are lucky to have the curves in all the right places. She carries her weight on her legs and arms which is perfect cause a lot of people carry it in their mid section. I see people with skinny arms and legs but with a big mid section so everybody is different. She is one of the lucky ones.

• She does look her weight, it's just distributed in such a way that she still has a figure. Some people gain a gut or thighs or one area more than the other, but she's gained it all-around proportionally. I have a friend like this as well.

• I think she does look her weight. No offense, but it's not like she's thin...

• She is well proportioned... and she looks her weight to me.

I have a friend who is 5'1 and she weights 165...and she looks almost like that girls size.

• Muscle, bone density, good proportions. She doesn't have much weight in her stomach, so she looks thinner than other people would.

Even I have a lot of weight in my stomach, but people never believe me if I tell them how much I weigh. I'm not muscular, either. So I think some of it has to do with general build, like your skeletal frame.

• Um she seems curvy to me so I would definitely guess that she weighs about 140 compared to my height & frame (5'2 & about 123) & definitely a lot curvier than me but me.

• Err sorry about my grammar. I'm using a phone.

• she might have more muscle than what you think...other than that she does carry her weight well. I am 5'6" and I weigh almost 190lbs but I look 140lbs. I had my bmi checked and on normal charts my bmi is 40 but I had a hydrostatic body mass test thing and it said my bmi was 27. so yeah I think I carry my weight well also. :)

• I think she totally look her weight the luck part is that she doesn't have a big tummy and her Thighs are mostly muscles her arm on the other hand is kind of fat...

I am exactly her height and I weight 119lbs and no way I feel thin I have smaller boobs than her...

• Because she has an hourglass figure, I'm kind of like that but I'm slightly taller and weigh a bit less. That's the type of body guys like, not the stick skinny stuff. And she probably does work out to tone herself. I think she looks good!

• nah I think it's mostly because of her thin waist that makes her look think and the way she poses.