Getting color contacts for college?

I'm going to college and was thinking this is my chance to start completely new. One of the new things I want to do is get colored contacts. I have brown eyes and I find them boring, I want to get grey contacts or maybe blue. I have dark hair so I think it would look cool. But I want to meet guys there too and I don't want them to be mad or anything when they realize my eyes are actually brown. How would you react to fake eye color? I know I would be pretty thrown off because I love eyes the most. Its the only thing holding me back from getting colored contacts what do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Most guys don't care if the eye color is fake unless they had a specific preference for that eye color or prefer all natural girls.

Most guys are concerned about if the hair is fake, if she's wearing a padded or pushup bra or those things that suck in the fat.

Get them if you want them.

Don't get them because you think it'll make you more attractive.

Definitely don't skip out on getting them because of what guys will think.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 5

• What's wrong with brown eyes. My sister wears gray color contactsand her natural eye color is brown. I give her crap about it because I tell her she is trying to be someone she's not. She tried to give me some contacts but I cannot wear them because they are just not me.

• I am usually able to tell if the contacts are in or not and if they are fake. Especially if they are such a different color from your natural ones. I make fun of girls who wear them in a joking manner and I don't really like them. If you absolutely want to do it though or try it out for fun, get something a little more closer to your natural esye like honey or hazel.

• I'm usually disappointed when I find out a girl has colored contacts in and I find them kind of tacky.

• It also depends on your skin color.

I wanted color but I have dark skin so anything but brown would look unnatural

• You can really tell when there fake. I get disappointed when I find out. Just stick with the browns. :)

What Girls Said 4

• Honestly - everyone's going to know their contacts, so more often than not, a guy your talking too will eventually ask what color your real eyes are.

A lot of guys prefer naturalness in a girl - so there's that to account.

Plus - contacts aren't going to make you more attractive or less attractive, and it's not unique, so you definitely won't be the only girl with them.

So I mean, I'm wearing my natural eyes and have gotten quite a few looks, so just do what pleases you.

If you want to add some color to your eyes, by all means, just do it for yourself, and not off some bizarre reasoning that they'll somehow improve your chances.

Personality is key anyway - and they don't make synthetic objects for that...

• I wouldn't wear contacts I didn't need (actually, I'm just fine with my glasses). A lot of people wear them without a problem, but they can potentially damage your eyes. It's not really worth the risk just for the sake of having a different eye color, especially since you can usually tell that they're fake anyway.

• The guys on girlsaskguys find everythin fake about a girl who puts in effort into looking good. The guys on here are beyond picky.

If you want to get contacts, get them.

Fake my ass. I guess we're all fake for wearing clothing and using hairspray and straightening our hair

• same thing stopped me from getting contacts. I have dark hair too, I tried purplish-blue contacts once and they looked really cool... but I also felt pretty fake, and I wouldn't feel right if a guy really liked my eyes when they're not even a real part of me. if I were you, either get clear contacts or enhancers to play up your natural color.

• How much of a difference do enhancers make for brown eyes?

• my friend has them, they make a difference lol. her eyes just looked brighter, more dimensional.