Have you ever had your life flash before your eyes?

I have twice. The first time my smart ass jumped into the deep side of a pool even though I didn't know how to swim. I started flailing around and sinking and while I was sinking I started thinking about if I was going to die. The second time I was riding a bike down a hill and hit the brakes to late. I did a total flip in the air and landed on my ass in the middle of the street. There was car that almost hit me and I seriously thought I was gonna get creamed.has anyone else had any close calls?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, twice.

The first time is when I was about four and got sucked in with the tide. A lifeguard had to fish me out. A short flash, but a scary one!

The second was the day I realized I had to kick my ex out of the house after 10 years of trying to make things work. A much longer flash. More like a feature film. Yes...it was the right thing to do, but man was it traumatizing to learn that absolutely everything I thought I knew about a person I trusted implicitly was completely false.

Personally, if I had to pick, I prefer the first flash...

• Which is what makes it so funny when people think they can trust anyone 100%, idiots.

• Lol. Good. ;D

• Meanwhile, try to be more careful! No need to keep the film rolling!

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 6

• lol yup I got shot at before stupid krips (crazy sh*t didn't really flash all that much I kinda just ran).

i used to be a runner in a gang that was fun/ exhilarating flashed a good bit then. I almost drowned when I was like 7ish. and that's prety much all I can think of, like first guy acids crazy sh*t man, but at least I don't remember my trip apparently I thought my friend was some sort of demon and I put him in a hospital o.O

• Damn. I feel sorry for your friend

• yeah, he doesn't talk to me anymore, I guess I deserve it though he had a broken jaw and 3 cracked ribs...

• you don't know how to swim, then you better start learning, so it won't happen again. Worse thing any person can have is the fear for water.

I've never had your close calls.

• It was when I was little. I own the water now.

• lol, awesome. I know some grownups that are dead afraid of the water, big men, who can knock you out with 1 punch, scared for water, embarrassing.

• no but I did drive my car off a 40 ft cliff into a bunch of boulders and remember thinking, that's a big f***ing rock, this is how people die isn't it

• Lmao. What were you trying to accomplish?

• nothing I fell asleep at the wheel its not like I thought it would be fun or anything

• Nahh. I've always been able to swim.

• Yeah, I've had it happen. That was some crazy acid, that's for sure.

• Yes but my life has never "flashed before my eyes." The closest time I ever came to death nothing happened, and I would have never even been aware of it had it not been for my regaining of consciousness.