Is it time for grown up shoes?

My shoes mostly consist of Converse, Vans slip-ons, Toms (classics and cordones), and oxfords. I have a few pairs of flats and heels but I don't wear them too often.

I'm 21 and out of college. My workplace is very casual and everyone there dresses pretty funky (welcome to the theatre), but should I get some big girl shoes?

Most Helpful Girl

• That's like me, except I'm at a sound studio and not in theater lol. Sometimes I feel like my shoes aren't very grown up, but I like them. If I really wanted to wear my "grown up" shoes, I would gravitate to the ones I have more often instead of only wearing them on special occasions. If that's what you want to wear and what you're comfortable in, it's probably best that you stick with them. The girls who prefer flats/heels can be the ones wearing big girl shoes all the time.

What Guys Said 6

• SAMBAS link

• You should _own_ some, even if you wear them rarely, and you should know how to walk in them.

• If you feel like you need to grow up or something then sure but otherwise no. Stay yourself and don't change who you are or whatever just because you feel like its what other people would want

• Never. Ever. Grow up willingly.

• no, you're never too old to wear chucks, I may grow out of them one day, but it'll be a while before you do

• I work with 40+ year old guys who wear Converse to work every day. I don't think guys are required to grow out of them.

• No way

What Girls Said 6

• i don't think so lol. you've got a nice variety going on... what constitutes big girl shoes anyways? :p

• I had an awesome history teacher who wore black converse. He kept them so clean! Don't know how. He was in his late 30's I'm guessing.

• Hm...I do wonder how you'd keep them clean. Mine are almost torn to shreds.

• It's better when they're worn out a little. =D When my dog was a puppy, she tore a navy converse shoe up. Ahh I loved them. I wasn't mad at her though. They were already getting old. lol

• Wear what you want to. Cause in the end it doesn't really matter what shoes your wearing, but about who you are, and no one is going to care about your shoes. ps. your shoes sound cute:)

• It depends what you wear the sneakers with, as long as you don't wear them with dresses you should be fine. Also if your job doesn't care ten I don't see a problem with it.

• converse knows no age

• No, if that's what everyone else does, then follow the crowd