Do good looking girls have to be more careful about what they wear?

imagine a hot girl in a mini skirt and tight shirt. you are probably thinking bad thoughts about her and wanna try to hook up with her, right?

now imagine an average or ugly girl in the same outfit. do you wanna hook up with her?

do good looking girls have to make sure their clothes aren't too revealing so guys don't think they're trying to send signals or something? do average and ugly girls have an easier time Because guys won't bug them as much?

Most Helpful Guy

• its not men that women have to worry about in this scenario, its other women. women tend to REALLY be judgmental of other women and it seems like anything a woman can do to her appearance to attract male attention will get her labeled as "skank" or "slut" by other women. its an unfair double standard that comes from the fact that women are naturally competitive with each other.

unless you go out literally looking like a hooker a guy won't call you "slutty." but your girl friends will.

What Guys Said 7

• A lot of people I know would think they're trying to get attention either way, so no, not really.

• Nevermind that... how's about we all just wear normal clothes and that will be that.

• "Dress like Halloween and ghouls will try and get in your pants." - John Travolta in Face/Off

• Yeah pretty girls do have to be cautious about what they wear unlike other girls.

• No, an easy girl is an easy girl, regardless of what she wears. What a girl wears doesn't make her slutty. She only appears slutty, if she's actually slutty. I think it's more of a woman thing to call other girls sluts, honestly.

• No not really. I'm from Florida. It's hot here so girls wear skimpy cloths almost year round.

• why do hot women think men bug them?

What Girls Said 7

• Yes and no

Yes if you don't want guys approaching you and thinking just because you dress what they define as provocatively they can treat you like a slut.

Most guys see revealing clothing and think 'oh she's wearing for male attention and I'm a male' or they have the mindset that a woman's body is public property so if she's in public I can stare all I want it doesn't matter how see feels.

Don't think most guys actually care about your feelings and can just look not leer at what they find attractive. After all the whole 'appreciate it if a guy approaches you' bs shows male entitlement to do whatever if they find a girl attractive and the attractive girl better not complain about it.

No if you have a tazer and mace.

• You're lying to yourself if you think sexual attraction has nothing to do with it. Dressing revealing is what it is, a sexual signal, whether you like it or not. If you don't then stop dressing so.

• I have said girls enjoy the visual attention, not the hitting on. Self-esteem -> attention -> what males perceive as hot.

^ once again can you read?

I put attention not hitting on...seriously reading comprehension

Though to be fair I include hitting on & visual attention as 'attention'

• I'm a guy, I'm sexual and I'm a perv. Who isn't? This is how I function, if you don't care put it up with God.

^ lol the only 'problem' is when guys try to shift blame on others stating she wanted it or she was looking for it.

No you looked because you wanted to don't try to excuse your behavior

Nothing wrong with being sexual. Something is wrong when you try to excuse/minimize your behavior.

Lol I don't have to put up with God I just call out guys & humiliate them or taze/mace them

• they have an easier not getting guys too! If you don't want to get hit on wear baggy clothes or no make up. You can't be hot and dress hot and not expect attention... sometimes I want to look good, not for attention but to feel confident and good about myself, in that case wear something high fashion and not typically hot, maybe make your make up crazy colors, if you go for typical hot you will get hit on.

• I think getting attention and confidence are the same, just wrapped up in different words.

• negative attention... like muggy looks from girls and guys being disrespectful

• I think you're right. If my gorgeous friend wears a v-neck t-shirt and jeans, guys tend to treat it like her decision to wear a v-neck instead of a crew neck was her invitation for them to hit on her. If I went out wearing the caution tape outfit from Lady Gaga's Telephone video, the only thing people would think is, "Did I miss Halloween?"

• Hot or Ugly. Those Chicks need to watch themselves on slutty outfits.

• yes, you need to be careful. there are sick people out there. I'm going to get bitched at for this, for a lot of rape victims could have prevented their crime if they were more sensible about their actions and dress. I'm not saying they were asking for it, I'm saying they were drawing attention to themselves that wasn't good. in a prefect world you could walk around naked and be safe, but we don't live in that world. show some common sense

• Maybe a little bit but I think it is more about your body shape. A girl with a little waist and big titties cannot get away with a shirt as tight or low cut as a girl with small boobs. A girl with a lot of junk in the trunk will look way more slutty in a very short skirt or really low rise jeans compared to a skinny girl with twiggy legs and a flatter butt.

I am thin but very hourglass and I definitely look sluttier in certain types of clothes compared to girls with more of a straight figure.

• I don't really know the answer to this but I am always told I am hot, sexy, stunning, etc. I don't dress in anything revealing or where much makeup because I don't like that kind of attention but guys seem to still only see me for one thing. Very few are willing to take the time to get to know me, the ones that do love to hang out with me and we can talk and laugh for hours and/or they want me to be their girlfriend. But so few seem to want to look past my looks, even though I don't dress or act like I am easy. I never thought about this before but you might be on to something.