I'm attracted to a nerdy girl, but I don't want to ruin my reputation. Should I date her?

People respect and admire me, my friends look up to me (I'm very intelligent, talented and hot/handsome). Popular girls want to get in my pants, but I get bored of them easily. There is this shy/nerdy girl nobody wants to be friends with. They tend to ignore/belittle her and even though she's a real nerd, I find myself falling for her. Should I give her a chance? If I date her, my reputation will be ruined. Is it worth it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Do whatever makes you happy :)

What Girls Said 14

• No, you should definitely not ask her out. She sounds like she's probably pretty awesome in her own right, whereas you are much more concerned with image and what your friends would think. Poor girl needs someone that would be proud to show her off, not someone who's asking if he should risk his reputation to be with her.

• Hmm...this isn't as complicated as you may think. Ask yourself what you truly are feeling and why you're becoming attracted to this girl. Perhaps a bit of "nerdiness" is what you've needed all along. Besides, nerds are flippin' awesome! Change is good...okay now I sound like I'm related to Obama. Haha But in all seriousness, you shouldn't dwell on the opinions of your friends in order to make decisions in your life. And if they don't accept you for the mere reason of dating a nerd then maybe you need to consider getting new friends. Plus it's not even a guarantee that she'll like you back! :P There's probably so much you two can learn from each other and as far as you know, she can be the most amazing girl in the world! Try to stay open-minded! I say go for it! What's the worst thing that can happen? Hehe Good luck man and I wish you the best!

• if you are a quarter as intelligent as you claim to be, you will give her a chance.

• if you're as looked up to and as cool as you say then you seem like a good genuine person. if that's true you shouldn't give a sh*t about someone eles social status. if you like her go for it. no one is going to think less of you. don't be stupid and let a potentially great relationship slip away.

• the stupid thing about reputation is people expect unrealistic things from you because of it, is that really worth giving up on a girl that really makes you happy? also there's always the chance people will start to see her the way you do.

• Get out of high school.. your so called "reputation" only lasts 4 years.. then what. ?

I mean, If you really like this girl, you should giver her a chance.. why does it matter what others think.

Your the only person who can decide if its worth it or not, anyways. It would probably make her day, if you even talked to her and were nice. (:

• I say go for it.

It's JUST a reputation. Why worry about it so much?

From experience, it's better to have then not.

Good luck!

• You should date her. If you're as hot as you say you are, no matter what you do people will be okay with it.

• For future refernce if you care more about or question your reputation then you aren't. Worth the girl's time

• Your an ass she does not need your date.

• you're a d***

• If you're popular it'll probably just change her reputation rather than lower yours..

• Ok here's something they don't tell you. When ou graduate college and look for your first job no one and I mean no one will care how popular you were in high school and college. And all those nerds are going to end up rich and succsesful. Do you think Bill Gates was the most popular person growing up? Probably not. So here's what it comes down to. You either A. Ask the girl out and give her a major confidence boost. If it works out great. If it doesn't fine. Or B. You ignore your feelings to keep a reputation that no one will care or even no about in a few years.

• some day in the long future, those friends/peers who's opinion matters to you so much won't.

What Guys Said 12

• No because if you are concerned about reputation she deserves better than you

• Gotta admit man... You sound like a total douche. She'd be better off never dating you...

But... to answer your question, if you are interested, ask her out. Don't give a crap what other people think of you (thinking like that will most likely make you more popular because people like those with strong character).

Just know that she's probably not used to the way things work in your world. You better treat her right.

• Here is a list of what your "rep" is worth in real life:

- nothing

So get over it and date her if you like her. But treat her nice, dammit.

• um, you're too old for this to be a question

just ask her out. I would be pretty amused tho if she just wanted to be friends with you HAHA

• Don't want to ruin your reputation? lol, what are you still in high school or something? If you don't date a girl you really like because you're worried about what others are going to think of you, you're not as intelligent as you claim to be.

• You need to ask yourself what's more important to be in life: who you really are, or who people think you are. That will tell you the answer.

• Hi .

I don't really get why you would care of a thing like that , if you like her then date her ofc , You should be the one to choose what you want , not the people who talk about you .

People will talk anytime they like , but you won't get what you want if you stand by and listen to what they say ,

who knows maybe you will get a better "reputation" of a man that gets what HE wants and not what is offered (sounds better to me ) ..

Bye .

• Who cares about reputation, bro? When all is said and done, would you have rather kept some kind of reputation in college, or would you prefer having fond memories of a lover who might just be way more awesome than she let on?

Besides, standing up for her would show everyone that you aren't just one of those guys who go for the hotties; real men made up of real stuff go for what's inside, not what's outside a gal...so go for it! Good luck!

• i think you should go for it cause reputation ends once you finish high school and enter college/university, but if you dated this girl well who knows you may end up together after high school, plus you shouldn't let people control your actions

• Who cares about what others think about you. It's your life, do what you want.

• if you truly like her, than don't worry about what other people think

• Give her your sacrificial love. After all, if your reputation is 'ruined' (although I won't consider it ruined at all) not because of any wrongdoing on your part, that's all right.