What is the diference between cute, hot, pretty, goregous, etc.?

So guys, I was curious, what would cause you to use one word to describe a certain girl and a different word for another? What does each one mean? What do they each show about how a guy feels about the girl in question? Is one a bigger compliment than another?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hot-she has a sexual effect and a nice body and is more of a one night stand/hot sex material not generally serious respectful relationship material

cute-adorable and sweet which is often like a smiley personality not young looking, pretty, often refers to personality, a sweet girl who is girlfriend material or even if not the type he wants to date, a nice girl

pretty-attractive face good looking but not necessarily hot or sexual looking

beautiful-very very pretty, stunning to look at, breathtaking

gorgeous-similar to beautiful

sexy-she has a certain sex appeal to her but it isn't "hot" and flashy but something about her is very feminine and makes you want her, maybe she has a nice body but doesn't go around flashing it, or has a certain way of flirting

I like beautiful and sexy the best. And cute too.

What Guys Said 6

• One is not a bigger compliment than another. Although "beautiful" and "gorgeous" are synonymous. "Cute" often describes a girl who is petite (some guys will use this as a lesser version of the other adjectives) but is actually just a different look. Keep in mind that many guys don't even know how to use these words.

• haha. alright then.

a lot of em are synonymous.

hot means sexy-ish.

cute means she kinda looks young, the girl next door type. pretty fits in here as well.

gorgeous and beautiful are the ultimate compliments tho.

• gorgeous = I'm a homosexual and you're just fabulous

cute = you're datable

pretty = you look good

hot = I'd f*** you

• Hot = detached sexual attraction

Pretty = physical attraction that is less sexual

Cute = somewhere between pretty/hot but also factors in a cute personality

Beautiful = everything about a person

• yes all word means different and each one is bigger compliment then the other one.

• Cute usually means there's some kind of emotional appeal or it looks like someone that you could have an emotional attachment too. That could be romantic or it could be just friends or so.

Hot is all about sexual appeal. If a girl is hot you'll feel it in your pants!

Pretty is something that usually doesn't have to have an emotional or sexual dimension but could have both or either.

Gorgeous is a stronger form of pretty.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!